Friday, October 13, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

This week has been seriously busy - I am talking non-stop action from 5:30 am on Monday morning.... Tomorrow morning we have to be up bright and early to take Little Daughter to a gala in Durban. So, this afternoon has been a lovely oasis of peace in a frantic week. We have had our first summery day in a long wet patch, which has made it especially pleasant.

Two people close to us had heart attacks in the last week (yes, I do ask myself whether associating with our family should perhaps carry a health warning ;-) Fortunately they are both going to be fine, but it has certainly given our family pause for thought. There is nothing like a health scare to remind one how precious each and every day is. I only wish we could carry that appreciation of the value of each day with us always, without the nasty reminders.

2 comments:

Lei said...

I totally agree with you about the nasty reminders!

Featured you at A Hearty Life today. :)

Heart-to-Heart #22

Gill said...

Thanks so much Hsien!

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...