Saturday, January 06, 2007

A whole new year…

I love New Year. I’m something of a perfectionist (no kidding!) and the idea that the slate gets wiped clean at midnight on the 31 December each year is a brilliant concept as far as I am concerned. I love the idea of the year lying before me, clean and unblemished, it holds such promise.

This year I have made a couple of resolutions that I seriously plan to keep:

I AM GOING TO MANAGE MY TIME MORE WISELY. I was completely frazzled by the end of 2006 and I realised that I simply had to take a look at my work-load and make some changes. So I began 2007 by taking some much-needed leave and I have reduced some of my commitments.

I AM GOING TO DRINK MORE WATER AND EAT MORE HEALTHILY.
I generally start the new year on a diet ;-) This year I am not going on diet! I am however going to eat more fruit and veg and drink a LOT more water.

WE ARE GOING TO RECYCLE.
My youngest daughter is on a mission to save the world (you go girl!!) She has decided that, as a family, we are going to recycle our paper, glass and tins. This is no easy task here on the South Coast of South Africa - where do you take the stuff?? So far I have found a place to deliver our paper and glass, but we are still on a mission to find a bin to drop our tins in. I am sure we will work something out.

That is about it as far as resolutions go – I feel they are all quite attainable, it will be interesting to look back at the end of the year as see how I have done.

No comments:

Milk Kefir

Lately I've been been absent from my blog - but I've been having a lot of fun doing different things, things like making milk kefir!...