Sunday, March 04, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things…

Dogs – I cannot imagine life without a dog in the house. They win the "favourite animal award" hands down.

My computer – I’m happily hooked on it

Eating out – I could quite cheerfully eat out five times a week

Live theatre - especially good, old-fashioned musicals – nothing beats the feeling of anticipation waiting for the curtain to go up.

A lazy weekend – we seem to have so few completely free weekends. I just love going to bed on a Friday night knowing that we have an absolutely empty weekend to fill up doing just what we please.

Prawns – cooked in the shell with lots of butter and a creamy garlic sauce. YUM!

Dark chocolate – this is quite a new favourite thing, since I went off dairy products last year (we’ll ignore the butter and cream in the previous entry!!) I had to find something to satisfy my chocolate craving, so I tried dark chocolate (which is dairy-free would you believe it!) and now I will never know what I saw in milk chocolate.

Books – I could not live without a book beside my bed. My favourite authors are Rosamunde Pilcher, Erica James, Maeve Binchy, Katie Fforde, Cathy Kelly…. and a whole lot more.

Jeans – so easy to wear, they’re comfortable and match with everything. I live in jeans in Winter.

Grey’s anatomy – I am not generally a TV person at all, but I can’t wait for the next season of Grey’s to start.

Autumn – I just adore Autumn, especially inland where you can see the leaves changing and feel the freshness in the air.

Shopping – I confess that I even enjoy grocery shopping, but not on my own, I have to have a side-kick.

Log fires – growing up in the midlands of KZN we had a log fire every night in Winter, bliss.

Ginger Ale – if it weren’t so fattening I would drink only ginger ale!

Magazines – I would read them all if I could, but I limit myself to 4 or 5 favourites

The smell of a pipe – it’s not environmentally friendly I know, but I love the smell of a pipe being smoked – from a distance of course

Fresh linen – it’s absolutely delicious climbing into bed the day the linen has been changed.

Day old chicks – oh that soft, furry-feathered little body, they are SO cute

3 comments:

sognatrice said...

I'm with you on nearly all of these, but especially dogs, my computer, lazy weekends, prawns, jeans, autumn, log fires, magazines, fresh linen, and day old chicks.

*happy sigh*

Excellent choice to show "you" for the meme :)

baby~amore' said...

these are some of my favourite things too - especially chocolate

Mrs Coetser said...

hehehe grocery shopping.

Well i can spend hours in Clicks and Dischem.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...