Sunday, May 27, 2007

A family-filled weekend

We spent most of this weekend in Durban with family. It makes me realise how lucky we are to have our extended family so close by.

Yesterday we went through and picked Impi up from his boarding school and then we went to my aunt June's flat in Pinetown. Rox has been staying with her for 10 days, since June came out of hospital having had surgery. (I have really missed my daughter, so it was a very happy reunion! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.) We all had lunch together, went to the Pav and did some shopping for June (and to be honest, Grant had forgotten to pack his underwear, so he had to stock up on that - hee, hee!) and then it was off to Grant's parent's house in Gillitts. We all spent the afternoon together and then went and watched Westville Boys High's production of "High School Musical". We spent the night in Durbs, Rox and Imps in Pinetown and Grant, Paula and I in Gillitts.

Today we celebrated Grant's Dad's 70th birthday with a "Richardson family lunch" at a restaurant in Hillcrest. We don't see much of Grant's sister and her family, so it was really good to all be together today. I could see how much my in-laws enjoyed having most of their off-spring gathered around the table.

Tonight we will get together with my mom and dad for pizza and a "report-back" on our busy weekend.

Heaven knows, my family can often drive me stark, raving mad, but it's nice to know that they are there. And, every now and again, it's good to have a family-filled weekend and remember how lucky we are to have each other.

No comments:

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...