1. My dogs think I am blooming marvellous – it doesn’t matter to them whether I am having a bad hair day, have not yet brushed my teeth and am suffering from appalling PMT – in their eyes I am completely wonderful! They love me unconditionally.
2. My dogs eat all the leftovers that I would otherwise have to throw away. (They do get fed a balanced doggie diet on the whole, I promise!)
3. Apart from being our friends and companions our dogs are also our personal body-guards.
4. I never feel lonely because I always have a doggie friend willing to keep me company, even if I am just lying on the couch reading a book.
5. I get a laugh out of one or other of our dogs every single day without fail.