Time to add a little spice to my life

I am perfectly content with my life, really I am. I have a seriously good life. I live in an amazing part of the world, I have a perfectly satisfactory roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, two adorable daughters, a husband I love dearly and four canines who bring me much joy. I find it incredibly easy to while away my life taking care of my family, messing about on the computer, reading a book and going to work (only because I have to). So is this a problem, you might ask? Well actually it is! As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a great deal of trouble convincing myself to get off my butt and go out there and LIVE. It's time I added some spice to my life. I think all moms need and deserve at least a little spice in their lives. It's so easy to get bogged down in the mundane once you're a mom.

So what constitutes spice? Well being a decidedly unadventurous sort, my "spice" might be very different from, let's say, my husband's "spice". His idea of "spice" would probably be racing down an alarming incline on his mountain bike, or bungee jumping - horrors! I think we all have to look within ourselves to define our "spice", it's a matter of personal preference and what I consider "spice" might seem dead boring to someone else.

Spice for me (being such a boring soul!) would be relatively simple things such as:
  • going to a restaurant in Durban that I haven't ever been to before - no on second thoughts that might be more adventure than I am looking for, restaurants in Durban seem to be targeted by armed robbers lately!
  • buying some sexy new underwear.... now that's seriously spicy ;-)
  • going to a live show
  • having a picnic
  • a luxurious bubble bath with a glass of wine
  • cooking an exotic meal that I haven't cooked before

Not that hard to do - now I just have to convince myself to DO it!

(This post is my entry in this week's Sunday Scribblings)

Comments

Kerstin said…
Those things don't sound so boring to me at all! But I can see your point about actually going out and DOING them, it's a condition I am afflicted with, too. Nice post :)
Sonya said…
Buying underwear can be a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. Hope you will find the energy to tick off some things on your list.
I like your list of spicy dos!