Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday's Feast 155


Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of pie?

A traditional Cornish Pasty


Soup
Name something that made you smile this week.

A story that my youngest daughter, Paula, related to me last night after she got back from her friends house, it was a conversation between her friend and the friend's mom and went something like this:


Paula's friend Megan: "Mom what do we have that Adam and Eve didn't have?"


Megan's Mum: "Oooh Megan, lots of things; clothes, houses, cars..."


Megan: "Yes and belly buttons!"



Salad
What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?
We have hot and humid weather for months on end in the Summer, so we have learned to cope with it through sheer necessity. Air conditioning helps, but we don't have it at home :-( So I sometimes resort to shopping in the air conditioned mall purely out of self-defence!! Otherwise I swim at home.


Main Course
You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?

Our bedroom needs a major overhaul, so I would definitely pick my bedroom. I would buy a new dressing table and headboard, with side tables to match.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: My _husband________ says _I stress too much_________, but I _can't help it_________.
More Friday's Feasts can be found here.

15 comments:

Eleisia said...

I agree with your dessert.
My husband says, Live your life and ignore all that other stuff!
Happy Friday Feast!

annie said...

Great feast!
Have a great Friday.
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

tegdirb92 said...

I love your soup answer. I totally agree with your dessert.

Toni said...

Hi Gill enjoyed your feast especially your soup. Have a great weekend.

Jane said...

Great feast.
Your soup made me smile! Children's minds go places we have forgotten!! Thanks for sharing the story and for visiting my blog.

Lady of Musotopia said...

I giggled at your soup too, hehehe :)

We don't have air conditioning at home either, but I see it as one of my ways of being carbon friendly ;)

I can also definitely relate to your dessert!

Thanks for sharing your feast as well as joining in mine. I hope that you're having a lovely weekend :)

Kara said...

Great feast! Thanks for visiting mine :)

Alison said...

Our desserts could be the same! Great feast - Happy Friday!

Thanks for visiting mine!

Laura said...

Great feast! Thanks for stopping by my site!

Bunny Trails said...

Great feast, your soup was very funny! I love kid conversations.

Thanks for hopping by. :)

nichole m said...

LOL!! bellybuttons. :-) I heard moms stress a lot, so you're probably not to blame. ;-) thanks for stopping by!

Amanda said...

Happy Friday!! great feast

Laane said...

Awww, belly buttons!
What a great feast!

Have a wonderful weekend.

JHS. said...

I have never had a cornish pasty, but it sounds intriguing.

Wonderful feast . . . thanks for stopping by!

Lucy said...

your delicious post has me craving peach pie! :))

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...