Friday, August 31, 2007

Fridays Feast 158


Appetizer

Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?

My friend, Gerda. Gerda is an amazing listener - one of those people who has the ability to listen without giving unasked for advice and she'll always ask for follow-up on an issue, so that you know that she really listened and cared.


Soup

If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?

Probably Greece, I get the impression it was very refined and yet decadent - not that I am a historian mind you ;-)


Salad

What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?

Without a doubt the births of both my daughters.


Main Course

If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?

I'd emulate Oprah and do these amazingly good deeds and receive loads of recognition for it - she's doing something worthwhile, which is a lot more than can be said for the likes of La Lohan or Paris!


Dessert

What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?

I am very glad that I had my daughters young - I had Rox a month before I turned 22 and Paula when I was nearly 28. My only regret is that Grant and I never had some time as a newly married couple to just enjoy married life. I'd say the ideal age would probably be about 23 or 24. I would not have wanted to have kids after the age of 30.

For more delicious feasts visit Friday's Feast

Photo by Losiek

19 comments:

Laura said...

I sort of agree with your main course..these young "celebrities" are worthless! Bring us back to before the late 70s as far as who emulate. Great feast..and thank you for visiting mine!

Gattina said...

Why not 30 to be a mother ? I was 30 and enjoyed my son very much now he is 34 and now we are the best friends ! All my friends had their children earlier and regretted that they didn't have any life "before" !

MissMeliss said...

Oh, I love your feast.

shirlsd said...

did enjoy your main course ... and thanks for dropping my mine. until next friday's feast - have a great weekend & week!

Braden said...

Greece is an awesome choice!

Great feast! Have a good weekend.

Susanna said...

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Friday.

Yen said...

Awesome dessert! I had my first baby at 23 and then I'll have my second this November at almost 29 :) Suits me fine at all!

Thanks for sharing! Love your answers:)

Happy Friday!

Gattina said...

I just saw that you also payed a tribute to Diana ! I am just watching the memorial service at BBC. Very emotional !

Gill said...

I would love to have seen it Gattina - unfortunately I can't find any coverage of it on our TV stations at all.

Michelle said...

Great Feast...loved your main course. I didn't think about Oprah when I filled mine out.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Have a great weekend :)

tegdirb92 said...

wow, we shared a lot of the same answers this week :) Great Feast!

Anna said...

Oprah is a good example of someone who has a lot and is doing good things with what she has. I'd like to think I'd do the same if I was a celebrity.

Lori said...

Great feast...sounds like an amazing appetizer:) Happy FF.

The Gal Herself said...

Has your friend seen what you wrote about her? I bet it would make her day (week!).

Shabem said...

It's always great to know we have someone we can turn to.
Great feast!

Kara said...

Great feast, especially liked the main course :D

Shera said...

You've been tagged by A Frog In My Soup

Marsha said...

Terrific feast and thanks for the comments you left for me! As you noted, our main course is very similar as is our desserts!

Tori said...

I love the feast and really want to participate. I can't wait to get on board one of these weeks.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...