Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?
10. I am polite to the point of being painful. I consider it a weakness, I should be way more assertive.


Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
My daughter, Roxy, is one of those people who says really dumb things every now and again, without even realising it. She could definitely have carried off the lead in Legally Blonde!

Yesterday a bird was making a terrific noise outside our office, as she sits near the window, I asked her to look and see what kind of bird it was, she answered that it was a Bulbul, I said that I thought is sounded more like an Indian Mynah - her answer was "No, it's definitely the Bulbul, I know 'cause I can see its lips moving".

Bulbul

Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Eeyore

Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.
In Grade 6 and 7 I had a fantastic male teacher, his name was Mr O'Sullivan. He was a real character, a law unto himself. He did not believe in sticking to schedules at all, some days we did nothing but Maths, other days he would tell us long Irish folk stories all day. I'm sure the "powers that be" in the school tore their hair out over him. We loved him to bits. He had a fearful temper and when he got cross would lapse into this strong Irish brogue; but most of the time he had us in fits of laughter. Interestingly enough, despite his crazy antics and relaxed attitude, we left his class perfectly sound academically.

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that our children are our greatest blessings and should be treated as such.

Photo by: NatureAtYourBackyard

6 comments:

Laura Williams said...

Amen on the dessert!


That teacher sounded like fun!


Come on by, my feast is sitting on the table waiting for guests to arrive.

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/08/friday-feast-154.html

tegdirb92 said...

I love EEyore too--didn't he say Oh Bother a lot? Great feast.

Annabella said...

Thanks for visiting, Gill!

I tend to have fairly dignified breakups - and this split was actually because he was going off to uni, not because we didn't fancy each other!

Your teacher sounds great. I had a Biology teacher who on Fridays, would finish the lecture early and read from a book on the mating habits of various animals. We particularly enjoyed the slug romance :) I don't know why I didn't remember Ms Vowell when doing the meme this morning!

Scribbit said...

Nice to get to know you a bit better, thanks for the comment.

Comedy + said...

Haven't a clue about the bird...Never heard of that before, but how funny. Must keep you laughing all the time.

Love you dessert. It is spot-on. Have a great FF. :)

Kim said...

Love your soup. Made me laugh. My son sometimes says things like that.

Great feast!

Mine is up...come on over.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...