Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday's Feast 162

Appetizer
How are you today?
I've got a cold I am battling to shake, but I'm not going to let that stop me from having fun. It is the last day of the school holidays here today, so I have taken a day off work and plan to spend some time with my youngest daughter who goes back to school on Monday.

Soup
Name 3 television shows you watch on a regular basis.
Grey's Anatomy

South African Idols

Survivor South Africa

Salad
What’s the scariest weather situation you’ve experienced?
My husband and daughters were taking part in a mountain biking event that lasted the entire weekend in Oct 2005. We had just bought some camping equipment, so decided to go and camp at the game reserve where the event was happening, along with numerous other families, on the Saturday night.

The older kids and adults went on a "night ride" (see photo below) and then we all headed off to bed for an early night. No sooner had we put our heads on our pillows when a wind came up, which gradually became a gale and then the mother of all storms came to join it! Now we can laugh about it, but at the time it was frightening to say the least! For a couple of hours, we lay there in our flimsy tents on this very exposed hill side, while lightening flashed all around us, the thunder crashed and torrential rain lashed our tents, while the wind tried to flatten them! Terrifying! In the early hours of the morning it finally abated and we all got up to survey the damage - a group of very unhappy campers...

Main Course
If you could wake up tomorrow morning in another country, where would you want to be?
In England - I have a yearning to go back there and do all the things we didn't get time to do when we were there in 2001.

Dessert
What do you usually wear to sleep?
Pyjamas - in Winter a t-shirt and long pj pants and in Summer the coolest nightie I can find.



22 comments:

Gattina said...

Not only you have a cold but also blew almost away in a tent and you suggest me to come to South Africa ? lol !

maiylah said...

what a scary salad! hope you're feeling much better now ...
thanks for dropping by!
happy friday! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Nice to know that your colds will not affect your plans for the weekend.

I'm glad you were already safely home when the storm made its presence felt.

Thanks for visiting.

Imma (Alice) at I Was Born2Cree8 said...

I hope you are soon feeling better. I love Grey's Anatomy too, and just watched the season premier this evening. Good feast.

Reba said...

A good and interesting feast here. Have a happy & healthy weekend.

Yen said...

I hope you feel better soon. My little boy is having coughs too.It must be the change of the season. And what a scary salad!
Happy FF!

Linda said...

A big thunder storm can be scary in the comfort of your home. I can't imagine how it felt in a tent.

Hope you feel better soon.

tegdirb92 said...

what a scary salad! Great feast. Have a pleasant Friday.

Marsha said...

great feast gill... sorry about the cold and I will think of you next year when I wake up in England!

hope you are able to enjoy the day with your daughter in spite of the cold!

thanks for stopping by my place!

Wyllow said...

Get well soon!

The unpredictability of weather when camping can create some crazy happening. Luckily everyone was ok an d not injured.

ellenb said...

scarey salad
I'm with you on the main course.
Happy feast to you...

Renee's Ramblings said...

Great feast! Have a wonderful weekend.

Laura said...

Very scary salad!

Our soup (Grey's Anatomy) and main course are the same.

Have a great Friday! Thank you for stopping by to dine with me as well.

mamichelle said...

Yikes, that is really scary!!

Go Grey's!

Happy Friday.

Lori said...

You watch Survivor south africa?? What is that?? Did they branch out and are now doing it in Africa?? Very cool...great feast. Happy FF.

Becca said...

There's a lot of that appetizer being served this week - hope you feel better soon!

bundle-o-contradictions said...

England was my 2nd choice. It's where I was born & I haven't been back since infancy.

Bonggamom said...

Golly, your experience sounds like something out of a TV show! No wonder you like Survivor, you could probably hang in there with the toughest of them after your experience :)

Natalie said...

That night in the elements sounds scary indeed!

Jackie said...

Scary!!

I'm a huge Grey's fan as well.

come visit mine :)

adria said...

Is South African Idol as entertaining as American Idol?
Great feast!

Linda said...

I've tagged you for a new meme.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...