Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday's Feast 163

{Featured Flickr Feast by jason+amanda}

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you look forward to your birthday?
3. Generally I don't look forward to my birthday really, it's much like any other day in my life, but my next birthday is a biggie (40th) so I am quite looking forward to this one.

Soup
What is one word you don’t like the sound, spelling, or meaning of?
cruelty - it sounds horrid and conjures up ugly pictures in my head.

Salad
Do you wear sunglasses when you’re outside? If so, what does your current pair look like?
I wear transition lenses in my reading glasses, they are very ordinary-looking, gold half-frame, plain glasses

Main Course
If you were to write a book, to whom would you dedicate it?
To my husband and children

Dessert
Name a beverage that you enjoy.
I absolutely love ginger ale - if I could live entirely on ginger ale I would be very happy indeed.

14 comments:

tegdirb92 said...

i like ginger ale too--have a great Friday. Great feast.

Carrie! :o) said...

When I was a child, my mom would give me ginger ale everytime I was sick to my stomach. That ruined it for me as an adult, LOL.

Yen said...

My Mom loves ginger ale! She actually gives it when I had coughs when I was a kid! Nice feast here:)

Aniqueanik said...

nice feast, like to try your dessert..happy FF!

jennyL said...

wow were both hitting the big 40 mine is about a month from now

Eleisia said...

Happy 40th Birthday when it arrives!

I haven't had ginger ale since forever!

Marsha said...

ah, 40... where did the time go...

Great feast Gill. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hoto said...

that remiends me to get some breakfast. i am sooooo hungry.

Hootin'Anni said...

I was just reading a piece written by the news online last week I believe how good ginger ale is FOR you!! It lowers cholesterol. So, I may have to have some too.....they even had a recipe to make your OWN! It sounded simple enough for me to try making it....I think I bookmarked the recipe.

My feast is served, won't you come dine with me?

baby~amore' said...

Oh 40 is not so bad ... I was really looking forward to mine - I was ready to pop twins out and never knew when it might happen ??? Luckily one week before the big 4 0. I got discahrged the eve of my birthday.I didn't really celebrate much except with family because my newborns were in special care nursery.
Great feast Gill.

Becca said...

I like ginger ale too - it's kind of a comfort drink, since my mom always gave it to me when I was sick.

In the city where I live (Detroit, Michigan) we have our own ginger ale company called Vernor's. It's got just a little more kick than the other brands. Years ago you could actually go to the bottling plant and buy Vernon's Floats - ginger ale over vanilla ice cream. Yum :)

Laura said...

I just had my 40th and wasn't looking forward to it at all..it ended up being not too bad. Have a great weekend!

jen said...

what a feast....except for the ginger ale..i can't stomach it myself.

Rhea said...

Yup, ginger ale. I make my own seltzer at home and add ginger extract to it.

Milk Kefir

Lately I've been been absent from my blog - but I've been having a lot of fun doing different things, things like making milk kefir!...