Thursday, November 08, 2007



I am having a very hard time being thankful today, in light of:
- the bad news I heard this morning

- the fact that I picked up our local newspaper, only to read that an elderly couple who live just down the road from us woke up in the early hours of the morning recently to find an armed intruder in their house, who attacked their little dog and had a go at the elderly man before making off

- a local policeman and his beautiful dog are in stable but serious condition in hospital after being shot at while apprehending suspects who had killed 3 people in a cash in transit heist near my home this week

To be perfectly honest I am feeling so down today that the only thing I can think of to be thankful for is that none of those nearest and dearest to me have been personally affected by the crime wave that is sweeping this country and that seems to be getting nearer and nearer to home. I know in my heart that I have an awful lot to be thankful for, and I am quite ashamed of myself but today has just been full of bad news! Sorry!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Some days are just like that. Sadness and pain everywhere - and the best you can do is comfort those that yuo are able to, and be grateful that you are not in their shoes.

sognatrice said...

I hear you. As you can see from my thankful post, I'm just thankful that I and my loved ones are safe. That's all I could muster today as well, but it's such a big one, isn't it?

Dealing with grief

I just read this amazing blog post by a mom who recently lost her baby. She gives real, practical examples of what to do/say to someone wh...