Sunday, November 25, 2007

To tattoo or not to tattoo?

Now I know this is going to come as a shock to those of you who see me as a middle aged, conservative, wife and mom; but I have always sort of lusted after a tattoo. No seriously, I have! Rox will attest to the fact that she has a hard time dragging me past tattoo parlours. I know! It’s so weird!!

Any of you who have read my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days
(which by the way I am thinking of revising, I wonder if I’m allowed to do that?) will perhaps have noticed No. 59 “Decide if I really, truly DO want a tattoo” and No 60 “If I decide I do want a tattoo, go out and get one”. So this isn’t some new mid-life crisis thing I’ve got going on.

It’s an idea I often toy with. I really think I might like a tasteful little tattoo in a spot that will be easy to cover up, should I feel the need to do so. BUT what if I get the thing and then have regrets?? Imagine Grant’s face if I said “Hun, I got this jolly tattoo and now I don’t like it, so can we cough up for some laser surgery to get it removed?” He wouldn’t be a happy chappy!

So while I am toying with the idea, I did a little quiz (just for fun, you understand) to see what tattoo I should get IF I decide I want a tattoo.
You Should Get an Abstract Tattoo

Artistic and unique
You're the most likely type to personally design your tattoo

8 comments:

Patois said...

I've wanted a tattoo for awhile, too. But I'm afraid of pain. Pure and simple. Doesn't explain the three kids, but...

kerri said...

I love this! I've thought of it over the years, as well. Knew I didn't want to get one in college, thinking that whatever I got in my 20s would be hideous to me in my 40s! Now in my 30s, I think I may know what I want. We'll see. But let us know if you get one. :)

baby~amore' said...

Hmm - That one looks kind of cool.you are brave. I am chicken ... enough said.

Jeanne said...

I have occasionally thought a small tattoo somewhere hidden might be nice (have never liked girls' tattoos that you can see - like on the shoulder blade). But... seeing as I have got to age 38 being too chicken to even have my ears pierced, I guess it's not going to happen!! If I were to get one, a little one in the small of my back, right by my coccyx would be my choice although I hear that's incredibly painful... so I guess not ;-)

If you want one, GO FOR IT!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

go for it! I think it looks great. Remember it is usually the things we don't do that we regret, not the things we do.

Lucy said...

Gill You're too funny!
If you want my opinion?? I say GO FOR IT! Life is too damn short, Just really research SO you won't have to go for the surgery afterward. Now Mind you, that is my advice even though I Would personally NEVER do it! hahaha Even so, I took the cute quiz and here are the results.......

"You should get an Asian ispired tattoo-Mysterious and expressive
You like to show off, but you also like to keep some allure"

OH- One more tip... Before my son got a tattoo he decided on a design and made it his computer wallpaper- He said if I am not sick of this after ONE year.... I will get the tattoo.... Figures! Cautious Mom= Cautious Son .... Too long to tell you the results I wil have to email u! :))

Linda said...

Tattoos are so in right now!! Hubby's sister has a long stem rose on her thigh and she is in her late 70's. I would never get a tattoo because I think it would hurt, and why pay someone to inflict pain on me.

Keep us posted!!!!

Regina said...

Hey there Gill!

I don't know how I missed this post!! Awesome that you are considering a tattoo. I do have one you know and at 41 I do not regret it. I love it. I'll post a picture one day (my digital camera broke so I don't know when)! It is on my upper right shoulder, hardly ever shows (except reallllyyyy hot days) because I don't wear sleeveless shirts. But you may as well stop thinking and go on and get it! or you'll be 60 regretting not having gotten one.

Blessings, Regina

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...