Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Day to Read

While catching up on some blog reading, I came across this post at Something to Say: About Life in The Netherlands. What a simply brilliant idea! After the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, a day set aside for my very favourite thing.....reading!

To quote directly from Jenn's post:

The campaign is this:
January 10, 2008 has been designated as the DAY TO READ.On that day we join the collective challenge to spend some time with our noses stuck in it. A book that is. If you are a blogger, join us by stepping away from the keyboard for all or part of the day and spend that time reading something you enjoy.

Next, report to us and others what you've read. You can do this in a dedicated post or a comment at Allison's blog--Soccer Mom in Denial--after the DAY TO READ has passed.

If you are so inclined, please post the DAY TO READ button at your blog. Pass it on! The button, the news about the day, the challenge to others to read, read, read, read, read!

Not a blogger? Then you know just what I expect from you. Leave me a comment here with the results of your DAY TO READ experience.

That's it. No challenge could be easier to meet. Please join us. We can make DAY TO READ a Happily Ever After kind of event.

So, let's do it, people!! If you would like the text for the "Day to Read" button, leave me a comment or drop me an email and I will get it to you. Please also let Allison at "Soccer Mom in Denial" know that you are joining in, by commenting on this post. She is writing a weekly "Who is reading" post and would like to include the names of all bloggers who are participating.

A Day to Read

Happy reading :-)

2 comments:

Wayfarer Scientista said...

This is a great idea Gill but I won't be joining because my nose is always stuck in a book and it doesn't need any encouragement!

Regina said...

Hey Gill!
Glad you blogged today. I come here every day to see if you are really going to stop blogging for 30 days, that is a little scary...
Anyway I am definately joining the Day To Read! it will be awesome, I love reading anyway.
To bad we can't all bloggers to do it wouldn't that be phenomenal!
Blessings!

Milk Kefir

Lately I've been been absent from my blog - but I've been having a lot of fun doing different things, things like making milk kefir!...