Friday, January 18, 2008

I've been tagged!

I was tagged by my dear friend Redness who blogs at "I'm over it"

The rules are:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

2. A. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog
B. Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list
C. Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when you were 25 years old

3. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

Okay, so I am choosing to do "C" - 5 things I never pictured being in my future when I was 25 years old:

1. I never thought that I would have to attend my brother's funeral

2. I never pictured that I would take up and enjoy cross-stitching. I love it, it's so relaxing.

3. I never pictured standing next to my husband's bedside in ICU, wondering if he would survive the next 24 hours. Grant has always been very healthy and fit, but it was touch and go for a while there, 3 years ago, when he suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis

4. I never pictured that there would be a wonderful young lady called Paula in my life - Grant and I were really battling with infertility when I was 25, so although I hoped to have another baby, there was a time when I didn't honestly believe it would happen - boy am I glad I was wrong!!

5. I never imagined blogging and making buddies over the internet - it's been a wonderful revelation to me!

I'd like to tag:
Linda
Fee
baby~amore'
Simone
Marsha

7 comments:

Mrs Coetser said...

So do you have to choose between A, B and C??

I am tagging you to - easy one - link love

Gill said...

Yup, you choose A, B or C - although you can do all three if you feel inspired ;-)

Linda said...

Hi Gill, I'll let you know when I have my answers up.

I use to do cross stitch and love it. Now its a strain for these old eyes.

I agree with you comment about blogging. Where else would we have ever met??

Have a wonderful weekend.

baby~amore' said...

thanks Gill - i agree about blogging too and I have across stitch I have been doing for 15 years (same one)

I will have a think about which one to do.

Regina said...

hey Gill,
thanks for sharing. Beautiful answers.
Blessings to you & yours.

Marsha said...

Life has been hectic lately and I still haven't gotten around to this meme yet but I do have it on the back burner waiting.

I can relate to your husband's DVT as I have suffered from clots a couple of times as an adult. We finally found a genetic disorder in my family called Factor V Leiden which is a mutated gene involved with clotting. It explained several incidents in our family history for those of us with the mutation. There is also some protein involvement (proteins S and C I think) which was never fully explained to me. I was on coumadin for awhile but decided to get off of it. I'm at risk for a clot without it but at risk for bleeding out while on it so it was a wash. I am not as high a risk as many people with this disorder are so I prefer to take my chances this way. I just need to get out of this computer chair from time to time and walk around.

I am so glad you were able to fulfill your desire for another child. I don't know what I would have done without my children in my life.

I'm also glad you found buddies on the internet and that we found each other! It's fun getting to know people this way!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

Good answers!

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...