Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The start of a new year

2008 started with a bang, literally - the sound of hundreds of fireworks going off in our neighbourhood heralded in the new year for us. Our poor dogs were completely terrified, which left me less than impressed.

I will be very interested to see what this year holds for us. For some reason that I can't quite fathom, I feel that it is going to be a challenging year.

Rox's plans have changed quite dramatically, instead of going to Durban as planned, she will be taking up a post as a teacher's assistant at Paula's school, starting on Monday. Although she passed her matric exams, she didn't do as well as she (and we) had hoped she would in a couple of subjects, so she will rewrite those subjects in June. She is very excited about the work she will be doing at the school and I think it is going to be a very good experience for her.

Paula starts her new school year next Wednesday; her final year of primary school. In June she will become a teenager - my baby is growing up!

On Sunday I turn 40. As Paula so charmingly reminded me, that's half way to 80!! Maybe that's why I feel it's going to be a challenging year?!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy early birthday to you, Gill! Glad you are back to posting..have missed reading you! *HUGS & SMILES*

~ Laura

Regina said...

Hey there you are!! Glad you are back and happy early birthday to you! i think it will be a challenging year across the board. There is so much unrest (spirtually, mentally & physically) in the world today you can almost feel change on the air...

Wendy said...

Happy New Year, Gill! I've been wondering when you'd get back. :)

I know what you mean about the birthday. It just dawned on me the other day that I'll turn 39 this year, one year away from 40. All I could think was, "What happened?? I was 32 just the other day!"

Maybe we can both give each other some encouragement this year. Regardless of age, I think it's going to be a good year. :)

Mrs Coetser said...

Now life is really supposed to get exciting!

Milk Kefir

Lately I've been been absent from my blog - but I've been having a lot of fun doing different things, things like making milk kefir!...