Sunday, February 24, 2008

I've been reading.....

I've recently read two books which were recommended by other bloggers. The first was "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert - Bohemian Mom posted about it here and having read what she had to say about it, I immediately had to go out and get myself a copy. I really enjoyed this book about one woman's quest to find harmony of mind, body and spirit as she travels in Italy, spends time at an ashram in India and finally finds love in Bali.

The second book, recommended by Sognatrice of Bleeding Espresso, was "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith. I thoroughly enjoyed this finely crafted read. Sognatrice has a beautifully written review of the book on her blog, so do hop over there to read up on it.

Both books are highly recommended.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I have Eat, Pray, Love on my list of must read books. I read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn years ago and really should read it again.

Glad you enjoyed them and thanks for the recommendations.

bleeding espresso said...

I really enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love as well; so glad you liked A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (and thanks for the linky love) :)

Regina said...

I read "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" years ago and loved it. It was required reading in my house because I was born and raised in Brooklyn, so how could I not read it!!

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...