Monday, March 31, 2008

Cape Trip - Part Three

Hope you aren't bored with my seemingly never-ending Cape holiday yet? I so enjoyed our trip that I just HAVE to keep sharing, so please, please bear with me ;-)

We arrived in Cape Town and without further ado fell in love with the local Thai restaurant - I am ashamed to admit that we ate there 3 nights out of a possible 7!! The staff must have thought we were SO lacking in imagination - but our feeling was "why mess with a good thing?" And believe me, it was all good!

Saturday morning we woke up refreshed from our looong journey and raring to go. First on our agenda was a look around the Cape Argus Cycle Tour expo - one of the drawbacks of having a cycling nut in the family..... While Grant took in all the stands on offer, Paula and I managed to entertain ourselves by watching a whole bunch of men having their legs waxed. I kid you not! There they were, a row of otherwise normal-looking men, having their legs waxed without flinching (I'm sure they were only being so very brave because there were a whole bunch of people watching them) We also found a cunning little device which enables woman to wee standing up. So I suppose you could say that our trip to the expo was not entirely a waste of time ;-) (Can anyone enlighten me as to why a woman would want to wee standing up?)

Then we were off to Hout Bay. It is tradition that when in the vicinity, we always have a meal of fish and chips at Mariner’s Wharf in Hout Bay, so that's exactly what we did. Hout Bay is lovely and well worth a visit.
Grant and me at Hout Bay




Hout Bay marina, the building houses Mariner's Wharf

3 comments:

Fee said...

Personally, I hate sitting on public toilet seats! So I would buy one of those standing-up peeing thingees!!!!

What a wonderful time you must have had....... I would love a hol to the Cape!

Marsha said...

LOL... on the standing up but I would agree with fee who doesn't like using the seat in public restrooms and I hate the squatters that don't clean their mess before they leave! ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! gimme one of those stand-up thingees and let me try it out!

You have an award at my site whenever you want to pick it up:

http://justme1947.blogspot.com/2008/03/royal-banana.html

Regina said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I love the picture of you two and that background scenery is awesome!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...