Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's a meme.....

While I was away on holiday I was tagged by Cooksister (you've just got to go and check out her blog, for one thing she is a fellow South African and for another, she has the loveliest blog with simply delish recipes!) for this meme:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
We were living in a little town in the Kwa-Zulu Natal Midlands, called Greytown, it was the town that Grant and I grew up in. We had been away from Greytown for a few years, but had “come home” shortly before Paula was born. We were living in a property adjoining my parent’s property at the time. It was quite an old house, full of character and it had a lovely big garden, with fruit trees. As far as the kids were concerned the highlight was the “chicken house”, complete with chickens and a cheeky rooster, which we inherited from the previous owner.

I was working part-time in my father’s accounting business (some things never change.) Grant was working in real estate. Paula was two going on three and Rox was 8 years old. It was a busy, but good time in our lives.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Hold on a minute while I have a look at my blog to check…….. Oh yes, how could I forget! Last year this time Paula had just been diagnosed with Cough Variant Asthma – we had been through a simply torrid time with this poor child who would cough, in a croup-like fashion, for hooooours on end every single night! Because of that not a lot was going on in the rest of our lives! (Thankfully, all that is now behind us; it turns out that Paula has an allergy to chlorine and provided she doesn’t swim in chlorinated water and takes her inhaler once a day, her asthma is completely under control.)

Five snacks you enjoy
Pretzels
biltong
crisps
chocolate
goats milk cheese on salty crackers with tomato and chilli jam (it's a new craze I have, yum!)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
Pay off my mortgage!
Take a lovely, long overseas holiday.
Donate money to a charity caring for AIDS orphans.
Buy beautiful furnishings for my house.
Eat out….a LOT!

Five bad habits
Snacking
Spending too much time reading or messing about on the computer
Not exercising nearly enough
Finishing peoples sentences for them (I HATE that I do that!)
Being overly anxious

Five things you like doing
Reading
snacking
walking on the beach with my family and our Jack Russell
eating out (I LOVE to eat out!)
blogging.

Five things you would never wear again
Leg warmers
coloured pantyhose (eeeuw!)
mini skirts
permed hair
a “meringue-like” wedding dress (it was the 80s people!)

Five favorite toys
Cell phone,
computer
USB memory stick
our Garmin Nuvi 200 (is it just me or are these GPS thingies just amazing???)
my car

And, finally, five bloggers to tag for this
Okay I am wimping out of tagging again. If anyone wants to do this consider yourself tagged and please leave a comment so that I can come and see your meme – I’m nosy that way!

2 comments:

Ashley Ladd said...

Cool. What is "biltong"? I've never heard of it.

I tagged myself so please come and see my answers. A few are similar to yours. I guess people, especially moms, are a lot alike the world over.

Jeanne said...

Ha ha - I'd forgotten about coloured pantyhose!! What were we thinking... I could also have added neon-coloured peep-toe court shoes :o) Great lists - thanks for playing along!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...