Thursday, April 03, 2008

On being a mom......

There are times when being a mom is just.........hard. Letting your children go, watching them take risks, accepting that you can't always heal the hurts that they suffer, wanting to protect them and knowing that you can't; sometimes it tears at my heart in ways I never thought possible.

Today I wish they were little again and the biggest issue I had to deal with was a dirty nappy or a scraped knee. Dealing with vulnerable hearts and hurt feelings is just so much more challenging.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Amen!

Tammy said...

It never gets easier, not even when you are a grandma. It just starts over but you get wiser. HUG

Simone said...

My mom complains about the same thing. guess I am still getting there....

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...