Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm loving.......iGoogle

I was sitting down to post this post today and then I began browsing through my feeds and came across this post on eLuckypacket....... oh dear, now it looks like I am having to steal other people's ideas for want of inspiration! Not true, I promise ;-)

Anyway, back to my post.

I am loving iGoogle! I have set up a personalised iGoogle page as my home page and it is simply brilliant. With iGoogle you get to choose from all sorts of lovely content to display on your home page - on mine I've got:
  • my Google Reader
  • a calendar
  • my Gmail
  • shortcuts to my favourite websites
  • a weather forecast for my area
  • a unit converter
  • a direct link to Wikipedia
  • a To-do list
  • and various other arbitary bits and pieces

For the uninitiated, all you need to do is go here and then click on Get Started - you will be taken to a page with a few of the most popular options for the content you will want to display on your homepage, all you have to do is tick the boxes and click save. You will then get taken to your, at this stage very basic, homepage - not too impressive, but have no fear, the fun is only beginning! Now have a look on the upper right of the page, where you will definitely want to click on the link to choose a theme (there are many and some are lovely!) and once that is done, you simply must click on the "add stuff" link - this is the fun part, there are literally hundreds of amazing gadgets to pimp your page.

So easy and so handy!

4 comments:

Sue at eLuckypacket said...

Steal away! Ha ha! iGoogle is too good to keep to yourself!

Marsha said...

I've had a Yahoo home page for years that I still access when I come on line. I haven't even checked out iGoogle.

Did you ever in your wildest dreams think that you would ever 'pimp' anything? lol... the internet has changed us all or at least our vocabulary!

Simone said...

Lots of fun. I quite enjoy iGoogle.

Got our visas today!!

Regina said...

I also have igoogle as my home page and absolutely love it! And I have gone through just about all of the other home pages: MSN, Yahoo, AOL, roadrunner, but igoogle is by far the best so far!

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...