Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My baby is a teenager!

My Paula turns 13 today. I can scarcely believe that my baby girl is now a teenager and that it is 13 long years since she was born.


Paula on her birthday (a sleepy 13 year old at 6am)


Paula is such a very special girl! She is at once gentle and soft-hearted and strong willed and feisty. She has faced some difficult issues over the last couple of years and she has handled these issues with a strength of character that has really surprised me and made me very proud. She is one tough cookie, this girl of mine!
I know that parenting this particular teenager is not always going to be easy! When Paula makes up her mind about something, she really makes her mind up and she can be very determined and as stubborn as a mule, which frequently has this mom tearing her hair out. But I know that these character traits are also going to stand my girl in good stead - this is one teenager that is not going to be easily swayed, I can vouch for that ;-)


One thing's for sure, the next few years are not going to be boring! So I say bring on these teenage years babe, bring them on!!

Happy Birthday my girlie! Love ya to bits

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Happy birthday, Paula!

baby~amore' said...

Happy birthday to Paula and the dawn of a new age !

Happy birthing day memories to you Gill.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...