Six Question meme

I was tagged by baby~amore for the Six Question Meme

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.Each player answers the questions about themselves.At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Working part time and being mom to a 3 yo and an 8 yo the rest of the time

What are 6 things on my to-do list for today (tomorrow)?
1. Lots of housework (yeuch!).
2. Catch up on some blog reading
3. Go to the library
4. Go grocery shopping
5. Help Rox to set up a realistic budget for herself, i.e. one that doesn’t involve her spending her entire salary on ONLY clothing and shoes! (This could be tough people, wish me luck!!)
6. Try yet again, to set a date for Paula’s ill-fated birthday party (rain, floods….is this thing ever going to happen?? It's my fault for saying "I love it when a plan comes together")

Snacks I enjoy?
Way too many, judging by my ever-expanding waist-line!
Chocolate, crisps, pretzels, biltong …..

Things I would do if I were a billionaire?
Confession: I’m one of those sad monkeys who often fantasises about winning the lottery, so I pretty much have this whole thing worked out.

(Assuming I came into this obscene amount of money unexpectedly) First and foremost I would pack my family up, rent…oh of course I’d be stinking rich, so forget renting, I would BUY… a great big villa in Tuscany and spend at least 6 months loafing around, plotting and planning our way forward.

On our return from our extended holiday, I would write out a couple of huge, big cheques to our favourite charities (we would have had brain-storming sessions in Tuscany to work all this stuff out) – these would mainly be charities that work with children, the homeless and animals. I would then anonymously give a helping hand to a couple of friends and family members that could do with a lucky break.

Then I would devote the rest of my life to doing just as I please. Can you imagine the bliss! I wouldn’t laze around all day…. I’d blog (a lot!), I’d write, I’d read (a lot!) I’d cook stupendously gorgeous meals and then I would have to spend quite a bit of time in my very own gym with my personal trainer to help me rid myself of my great big couch potato bum! And in between all of this I’d have to take frequent holidays to recover from the strain ;-)

Places I have lived?
Springs in Gauteng
The Bluff in Durban (yes….. I’m rough and I’m tough and I come from the Bluff)
Greytown in the KZN Midlands
Underberg
South Coast of KZN

How did you name your blog?
My late Aunt Pam was the loveliest lady. As a child I would every now and then receive a letter from her, written on beautiful writing paper that was headed “Pennings from Pam”. I loved receiving letters from her and thought her writing paper was the berries! So when I was searching for a blog name I was thinking along those lines…..sort of.

As per usual I am not going to tag anyone, but please feel free to do this meme and drop me a comment if you do.

Comments

CHEFDRUCK said…
what a great idea. I might do this... I'll let you know!
baby~amore' said…
Lovely answers Gill ...remember i am your friend if you do win the Lottery and come visit me ;)

I hope Paula's party happens soon.
Tamara said…
Cool one. I'll definitely do this sometime soon.

Can't believe poor Paula's bday party still hasn't taken place!
Simone said…
I like these meme's we get to know each other better.

I just saw it Skittles place and played along too - though I did not have the same last question.

intersting0