I stole this meme from Charlotte's Web . The original had 40 questions, but as three of them were quite weird, most people have dropped them and it has become the 37 Things meme. If you want to see the full 40 questions, have a look at Open Book, the weird ones are No.13, No.26 and No. 31.
1. My uncle once: made me the most beautiful grandfather clock, which I love dearly
2. Never in my life: have I done drugs
3. When I was five: I was a funny, pathetic little thing
4. High school was: a roller-coaster ride that I wouldn’t want to repeat
5. I will never forget: the moment I became a mom
6. Once I met: a guy whose ambition in life was to be a criminal!
7. There’s this girl I know: who lacks confidence and I really don’t know why, because she is beautiful, friendly, outgoing and so, so special.
8. Once, at a bar: a whole bunch of people refused to speak to me because they had seen me hugging an Indian co-worker (he was gorgeous, it was in the apartheid years……)
9. By noon, I’m usually: ready for some lunch
10. Last night: I was woken up in the middle of the night by a daughter with sore ankles!
11. If only I had: enough money, I would pay off my mortgage
12. Next time I go to church: I will give thanks for my many blessings
13. What worries me most: is the security situation in my beloved country
14. When I turn my head left I see: a calendar
15. When I turn my head right I see: a window and through it I see the blue, blue sky of a South African Winter, it's beautiful.
16. You know I’m lying when: I try hard not to smile
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: the adrenalin rush!!
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Ophelia
19. By this time next year: I hope to be thinner and fitter (yeah right!!)
20. A better name for me would be: Piglet
21. I have a hard time understanding: racism
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: study harder and smile more, gawd I was a pain in the butt!
23. You know I like you if: I invite you around for a meal
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my husband
25. Take my advice, never: put on weight that you are going to have to lose oneday (do you get the impression that I am not enjoying the diet I am on??)
26. My ideal breakfast is: muesli and yoghurt
27. A song I love but do not have is: “Up Where We Belong” by Joe Cocker
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: take a drive to Lake Merthley (don't tell a soul, but I have skinny dipped in Lake Merthley!)
29. Why won’t people: accept that chocolate is a food group?
30. If you spend a night at my house: you may just wake up with a dog in the bed
31. I’d stop my wedding for: Hugh Grant…..maybe LOL!
32. The world could do without: pollution
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat another oyster
34. My favourite blonde is: my daughter Paula
35. Paper clips are more useful than: drawing pins
36. If I do anything well it’s: because I am in the mood to do it, if I am not in the mood it just aint gonna happen!
37. And by the way: I am supposed to be working…..see No. 36
I've been knocked flat by a cold this week. Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself! In fact, it...
Blogging for peace today! If you want to join in the blogblast for peace, please visit Mimi at Mimi Writes In the words made famous by John ...
Those of you who have me on facebook will know that one of my favourite bloggers, Susan (aka Whymommy) from Toddler Planet passed away rece...
How awesome must it be to be young, energetic and free to roam? ( Not that I would actually want to trade my home and family commitments....