Monday, July 28, 2008

Paranoid? Moi?

I finally acknowledge that I am a paranoid mother....and proud of it!

On Saturday night Rox went out with her boyfriend and a couple of friends. As she is generally acknowledged to be the most holy and well-behaved among them, Rox is usually (very willingly) selected as the designated driver on these sort of occasions. So on Saturday night she set off in her car and picked up the boy-friend. I had no problem with this arrangement until my head hit the pillow at about 10pm - OMG I realised that this would entail Rox dropping the BF off ...in a slightly dodgy area to be honest... really late at night.... and driving home.... in the dark...... all alone. Before you could blink I was smsing her, telling her to phone home from her BFs house, no matter what the hour, and her Dad would be along to drive home behind her, no arguments. I then had to go and break this happy news to her (TV watching) Dad, who was probably less than delighted at the prospect, but gave in quietly - he knows me well. At 1:15am we were woken from our slumber (ha, ha, ha there is no way I sleep when my babe is out on the town) and the long-suffering Dad got in the car and headed off to Margate to fetch his little girl.

Call me crazy, but rather this than have my babe hi-jacked or worse.

4 comments:

Linda said...

You are not paranoid...you are just a good mother!!!! Good for Dad for following your daughter home.

Simone said...

Rather safe than sorry

supermom said...

I couldn't agree with you more. It's just good parenting

Jeanne said...

Good for you! These days, it's not a question of are you paranoid - it's are you paranoid ENOUGH! And frankly, some disturbed sleep weighed up against the possibility of being hijacked - there's just no contest.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...