Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Belly laugh

Last night I laughed till I cried. It doesn't happen very often, so it was quite a momentous occasion. The reason for the hilarity? It was my hubby and his way with words again. You have to understand that for all his (many) wonderful qualities, Grant is not a good linguist and he often uses the word "thing" in inappropriate ways.

Our conversation last night went something like this:

Grant: "Did you hear on the radio about how they selected the woman to be hostesses at the Olympics?"
Me: "No, why?"
Grant: "It was crazy man! They had to have university degrees and their eyes had to be 3/10s the length of their faces and they had to show exactly eight teeth when they smile"
Me: "You're joking!"
Grant: "No serious, they had to practice by standing with a chopstick in their thing showing 8 teeth for hours on end"

ROFLOL. Of course by "thing" he meant MOUTH, but I had this really wacky image in my head of woman standing with chopsticks in their "you know whats" teeth bared. I was absolutely roaring, mascara pouring down my cheeks with Grant and the girls staring at me, verrry, verrrry puzzled.

Sorry, I will get my mind out of the gutter now.....

More about the selection process here

9 comments:

Addie said...

I must admit, that was my first thought too ;-)

Thanks for sharing this ... I had a good laugh.

goooooood girl said...

Well well well......

Just Jen said...

that's what I thought reading this too! You're not alone! LOL....

Linda said...

Very funny!!!!

Tamara said...

LOL! That's hilarious. The selection process, and your hubby's description of it, that is.

Marsha said...

Grant sounds like my brother-in-law who called a rental service Gatlinburg, TN and asked if they had any condoms available! The woman couldn't talk to him for laughing so hard!

angel said...

mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... now you have me hosing myself!!!

supermom said...

hahahahahahahahhahahhaha!!!!!!

Jeanne said...

That would have been me passed out on the floor from lack of oxygen due to laughing too hard!! My mental image was the same as yours and terrifying yet hilarious, and at the same time as cryptic as the Chinese nation can be!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...