Monday, August 18, 2008

Misunderstood

Have you ever been in circumstances where you know that the opinion some particular person has of you is nothing like the person that you really are?

There is someone I have dealings with almost daily, who truly, honestly believes I am someone completely different from the person I really am. I hate to say it, but I think she is almost a little scared of me! And truly, from the bottom of my heart I can tell you that I am anything but scary.... I am the world's worst naff. Cowardly, shy, neurotic, weak, insecure..... I'm all of those; but scary, nope, not me.

It's no big deal really, what this person thinks of me has no real bearings on my life, but it just bugs me that she thinks I am this slightly mean, scary person. The frustrating thing is that nothing I do seems to convince her otherwise. I have been friendly to the point of gushing and she still has this well-developed sense of suspicion around me.... I kind of want to walk in there with a sign saying "Hellooooo I'm a nice person, honest!"

6 comments:

Elinor Dashwood said...

This post brought back memories for me. I had this one girl who told me that when she first met me, she was extremely intimidated by me. I just laughed, because like you, I'm the total opposite. I love to have fun, joke around and am nice to everyone I meet. I have no plans on intimidating anyone and generally I'm the one who feels that way around others. Go figure! Maybe this girl is jealous of you, or doesn't feel secure in herself, so she's turning her feelings around making it hard for you both. It's very sad and I hope for both of you that she will get to know the 'real' you soon.

Elinor

baby~amore' said...

I have been in similar situations and it is destroys your self confidence.
Really bugged me too.
I hope she soon sees what a funny and delightful person you are

Lucy said...

YEs Yes!! I so know what you mean!
the more you try the worse it will be!
Just BE you (naff? what is that?!!)
I can't imagine you scary! were you wearing a halloween mask when u first met? haha

Gill said...

Naff..... how do you define a naff? I suppose a naff would be someone vaguely geeky and cowardly.

Just Jen said...

I'm dealing with that right now! I'm really nice, honest! It's more like I'm scared of them, I don't know why they're scared of me! lol

angel said...

i have had that a couple of times... not often, but a couple of times.

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...