What makes you go back to a blog again and again?
I regularly read a diverse cross-section of blogs. On the average day, I read the feeds of around 40 blogs or more. I know, I probably need to get out more ;-)
The blogs I read seem to fall loosely into a couple of categories:
* blogs that belong to my “blogging buddies”. I read these blogs to catch-up on what is going on in the blogger’s life and because I feel a connection to the blogger. I am not going to give examples for fear of leaving someone out by mistake and causing life-long offence!
* blogs I visit because of the fantastic quality of the writing and the content e.g. Tongue in Cheek (if I had to choose a favourite blog, "Tongue in Cheek" would probably be it), Scribbit, Cooksister, Bleeding Espresso, Food Blogga, Lulu's Petals
* blogs that are informative, these I read largely for their educational value e.g. Dermblog, iMod.
* Blogs about things I am interested in, in my case: parenting, “Mommy blogs”, cooking, reading
* Browsing through my blog-roll, I have discovered that I seem to have a penchant for blogs written by “transplanted” bloggers – bloggers living outside of their home countries. Or is it just that people living outside of their home countries feel compelled to blog? Interesting thought. In any case, there are many of them: Bleeding Espresso, Tongue in Cheek, Poppy Fields, Cooksister, Cotton-Pickin' Days, eLuckypacket, Charlotte’s Web and the most recent “transplant” Simone’s Butterfly amongst them.
* South African blogs. I read a good few blogs by fellow South Africans (take a look at the sidebar on the left listing all my favourite S.A blogs), we share a common history, we’re generally on the same wavelength and we write incredibly brilliant blogs ;-)
So what makes you read a particular blog? Which are your all time favourite blogs?
We are planning another Camino walking holiday! I couldn't be more excited. The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...
Blogging for peace today! If you want to join in the blogblast for peace, please visit Mimi at Mimi Writes In the words made famous by John ...
Those of you who have me on facebook will know that one of my favourite bloggers, Susan (aka Whymommy) from Toddler Planet passed away rece...
How awesome must it be to be young, energetic and free to roam? ( Not that I would actually want to trade my home and family commitments....