Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why I love living on the east coast of South Africa

You may have noticed that I have had the odd moment lately of wondering why on earth I continue to live in this crime-ravaged country of mine, when it seems that everyone I meet is contemplating emigrating, busy emigrating or has already emigrated.
Well all it takes is a day like today to convince me that I am very much an African and that this is exactly where I belong!
Where else in the world could I wander outside to water my garden, in the middle of Winter, barefoot, in my shorts and T-Shirt? The temperature is currently a balmy 27 degrees Celsius (I kid you not!) there's a gorgeous sun up above me in the bluest of blue skies, just a touch of a breeze brings the smell of the sea right into my garden and there's a monkey barking in the tree to keep me company (okaaay, I admit I don't always like those little fellas, but today life is good and they are welcome in my garden)
And the weather forecast for tomorrow?

....................................................................More of the same!

9 comments:

The Jackson Files said...

This is SO one of the reasons why I love living here too. When the sun is shining and you're feeling good, there is no where in the world like Africa.

Tamara said...

I hear you. Even in Gauteng, I hear you ;-)

angel said...

:D
i aint goin' nowhere!!!

Fifi said...

Yip we are blessed with the most gorgeous weather here!!!

BTW...... I'm not even gonna sympathise with you over that one grey hair!!!! My hairdresser told me the other day that I'm atleast 50% grey and I'm not even 40 yet!!!hehehe(nervous laugh)

Fifi said...

Yip we are blessed with the most gorgeous weather here!!!

BTW...... I'm not even gonna sympathise with you over that one grey hair!!!! My hairdresser told me the other day that I'm atleast 50% grey and I'm not even 40 yet!!!hehehe(nervous laugh)

supermom said...

Still darn cold in the North West lol HOWEVER we do have way better winters than most other countries!

Elinor Dashwood said...

Ooh, where on the East Coast are you? I worked at a conference center in Port Shepstone. I loved it there...the weather, the people, the beautiful scenery...it was all amazing!!!

Blessings,
Elinor

Gill said...

Wow Elinor, you must have been close to where we are - we are about 10kms south of Port Shepstone. It is an awesome part of the world, I love it!

Simone said...

Now you are making me feel a little homesick.

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...