Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Current addictions

I was tagged by Tamara. She wants me to 'fess up about all my current addictions!

Now... the rules:*Post at least five current addictions (with some details please)*Mention the person who started this game of tag (Being Brazen) and also the person who just tagged you (in my case, Tamara).*Type your post with the heading "Current addictions"*Tag at least two people and pass on the above rules.

Okay, so here we go...... I confess, my current addictions are:

* Mamma Mia – the movie. I have been to see it twice already and I can’t wait to see it again. I’m really surprised at some of the bad reviews it has been getting. Yes, it’s cheesy, yes, it’s frivolous.... but it is such a fun movie! We went to see it with my in-laws on Tues night and they loved it just as much as we did. I think the fact that my 70yo father-in-law and my 13yo daughter both thought it was marvelous says a lot about the movie’s appeal. That and the fact that my 18yo daughter now thinks ABBA is the bomb and has stolen my ABBA Gold CD!

* ArteOliva pimiento stuffed olives. This is a very specific addiction, not just any pimiento stuffed olive will do, it has to be ArteOliva! I can’t get enough of them, I am going through a tin every couple of days. And no, I am definitely not preggers! (And no, I am not getting paid for this ad ;-) more’s the pity!)

* Duffy – I am loving Duffy. I had a bit of an Amy Winehouse thing going, but have switched allegiance to Duffy. Warwick Avenue is my current favourite, favourite.

* Blogging – yep I’ve been doing it for nearly (very nearly!) two years and I am still addicted. I think this calls for a trip to re-hab people!!

* Kahlua coffee – (that would be an Irish coffee with Kahlua instead of whiskey, for those not in the loop) I’ve always loved Kahlua coffee, but since my (on the whole very tee-total) daughter has developed a taste for the occasional Kahlua coffee, well I’ve fallen in love all over again. So about once a week either Rox or I will chuck a tub of cream in the shopping trolley and bang goes the diet….again!

Who to tag?? Uuuumm….
Cooksister
Sanni

Addie
Rox

8 comments:

angel said...

hhmmmm... would kahlua coffee and blogging be a good combo i wonder?
lol... nice list!

Addie said...

Oh Dear!!! So you had to go tag me, hey!!! LOL :-) No hard feelings - I feel honoured. But it will take a while ... will keep you posted

The Jackson Files said...

Nice list, I am so looking forward to seeing Mama Mia. And I love Duffy too.

Tamara said...

Noice... Thanks for playing, Gill. I haven't tried those olives. I shall have to find me a tin!

Marsha said...

I have a wonderful recipe for homemade kahlua... a friend and I used to drink kahlua and coffee on a regular basis and we became a version of the Baldwin sisters (think the Waltons) getting together making our 'recipe'!

Dang, now I'm craving it again!

Gee thanks Gill!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the tag Gill - and great answers! I am also 100% addicted to Mamma Mia at the moment - have seen the stage show 4 times now (most recently this week), the movie one and planning to go again. I can't remember when last I walked out of a movie on such a high! Abbasolutely fabulous. You can guess what my first addiction is going to be ;-)

Lucy said...

Gill, I still haven't seen mamma mia! I saw the play and LOVED it, but NeEd to see the movie! your addictions are all harmless! good girl!
(this would be a good sunday scribblings post Gill!! the prompt is coffee or addictions check it out!

Jeanne said...

Done!

http://www.cooksister.com/2008/09/sun-dried-tomato-pesto-twirls.html

Dealing with grief

I just read this amazing blog post by a mom who recently lost her baby. She gives real, practical examples of what to do/say to someone wh...