Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Seven Deadly Sins


I found this on Angel's blog and being a lover of memey things, I just had to do it.


WRATH

1. Who did you last get angry with?
Rox. She came home in a weird, argumentative mood yesterday, but we sorted it out quite quickly.

2. What is your weapon of choice?
Words

3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
I did a couple of times as a teenager (blush) but I have matured a little since then!

4. How about of the same sex?
I have, when the occasion has warranted it, smacked my daughters, does that count?

5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
No doubt one of my daughters.

6. What is your pet peeve?
Racism

7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
Oh Yes! I can carry grudges for years!

SLOTH

1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you don’t?
Exercise (and it shows!)

2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up?
Probably 9:30am or thereabouts.

3. Has anyone else noticed that this meme is missing Sloth number 3???

4. What is the last lame excuse that you made?
I told my father I could not go to work on Tuesday because there was no one there to control his dogs. (I work from a flatlet at his house and his dogs have a bad habit of running out when I open the gate if there is no-one else there to control them)

5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
Not for the longest time, infomercials drive me insane

6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?
It depends how you define a good workout! Put it this way…. I don’t do sweat!

7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
Once

GLUTTONY

1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
Red cappuccino.

2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat??
Definitely white

3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event?
A friend and I once ploughed our way through 2 bottles of Amarula and then a couple of glasses of cheap white wine. The following day I decided that hang-overs just weren’t worth it and I haven’t had one since!

4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
As a teenager (when I was thin, had I only known it!!) I went to Weigh-less

5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
Oh Yes!!!

6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy?
All of them, hence my answer to No. 5 ;-)

7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought “lunch”?
No, I’m not THAT bad!!


LUST

1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family):
Fewer than you would think.

2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)
Much fewer than you would think. However if we included physicians, it would be A LOT more than you would think.

3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?
Frequently!

4. Have you ever kissed two people in one night?
(Paula, Rox close your eyes!) YES!

5. What is your favorite body part on a person?
I assume we are talking about the opposite sex? If a guy has lovely slender artistic looking hands, then definitely hands are number one. Other than that, butts. That’s what attracted me to Grant – he has not so nice hands, but my word he STILL to this day has a delicious, perky bum! (And Paula has inherited it, lucky little beast)


6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
Hell no!




GREED

1. How many credit cards do you own?
Two too many


2. What’s your guilty pleasure store?
Woolies all the way


3. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
I’d HATE to be famous. Rich I could definitely do!


4. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
Oh yes, honestly, I love boring jobs. I'd pick a dull, boring, predictable job over something stressful anyday, and if it brought in mega-bucks I would be as happy as a pig in poop :-)

5. Have you ever stolen anything?
(Rox, Paula close your eyes!) Yes, I stole a pecan nut (of all things!) as a child and I got caught by a very scary lady. That was the end of my career as a thief ;-)

6. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
Quite a few, but I listen to the same old ones over and over.

PRIDE


1. What’s one thing you have done that you’re most proud of?
Raised 2 lovely (most of the time) daughters and made my marriage work really well, in the face of some serious challenges


2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
My parents don’t consider me anything to be proud of. I’m afraid I am a HUGE disappointment!


3. What things would you like to accomplish in your life?
I’d like to be a good mother, a wonderful grandmother and a relatively harmless mother-in-law one day. I’d like for Grant and I to continue to be loving companions to one another for many, many years to come. I’d like to age gracefully.

4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
Oh no, second place suits me just fine.


5.Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
Hee, hee! NO definitely not.



6.Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
Maybe as a child, nowdays I really couldn’t be bothered, I am SO non-competitive.

7. What did you do today that you’re proud of?
Got out of bed. Just joking! Oh yes, I’ve got one! I was very good today and made my hubby a sarmie to take to work. In fact he just phoned me to thank me for it (aah aren’t we sweet!)



ENVY
1. What item or person would you most want to have for your own?
That guy that won the 10km swim at the Olympics! (Just joking, but phwoar he IS hot!) Seriously, I’d love to own a house that I have designed myself.


2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with?
No-one, that would freak me out badly.


3.If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
I’d still be me, thank-you very much, but if you could arrange for me to be a me with perky little boobs like Paris Hilton and a bod like Kate Hudson and and a smile like Katie Holmes .........



4. Have you ever been cheated on?
Yes, nothing further to add...

5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
Very frequently!! See No. 3!


6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
Confidence, loads and loads of confidence.

6 comments:

Simone said...

Interesting one.

ScrapFan {aka Simply-Mel} said...

Wow, I saw this on Angels blog and was wondering who else would be brave enough....

Very interesting; def helps readers get a wee bit more insight into our blogger buddies!

angel said...

nice answers gill. very nice. i only noticed i was a question short when i published it- why don't you make one up for us!!?!

Linda said...

Very revealing questions!! Don't think I could do this one honestly. lol

Lucy said...

great to get to know more about you Gill!
very honest! Entertaining! answers!!
Hope your confident about your writing skills! :))

Jeanne said...

Brilliant! And I'm with you on the hands and bum, and the Olympic swimmers!! Just one question - what the heck is a red cappuccino?

I am busy ruminating on an updated bucket list - it's a lot more difficult than one would think!  The last time I created a bucket...