Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why I love South Africa

Caz tagged me for this BRILLIANT meme.

Here is how it works:
Link back to the meme creator
Link to the person who tagged you
Give (at least) 5 reasons why you love SA
Tag at least 5 peeps
Let me know when you've done it!

1. The weather. Oh my word, we have the BEST weather, especially on the East Coast where I live. The Winter in KZN is simply divine!

2. We’ve got Madiba!

3. The people, I LOVE the people of this land, ALL of them. The mix of cultures makes life so interesting. There is something incredibly invigorating about living in a genuine Rainbow Nation.

4. Rugby. What could be better than putting on your rugby team’s shirt, opening a packet of Mrs Ball’s chutney flavoured chips, bringing out a bowl of biltong and sitting down to watch the rugby with a Hunter’s Dry?? No better way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

5. The food! Braai, biltong, koeksisters, bunny-chow, biryani, milktart, bobotie…. Seriously good food, people!!

I tag: Fi, Mel, Rox, Addie, another Mel

6 comments:

Caz said...

mmmmmmm mrs balls chutney flavoured chips!!!

Simply-Mel said...

oh my...I am going to have to do some serious thinking cos you and me...we love SA for a lot of the same reasons!!

Def will play along in the next few days....

Jeanne said...

Brilliant! And my reasons would largely be the same, especially the FOOD!! Personally I'd add NikNaks to the list - I never used to eat them but when I go home now I PIG OUT on them...

angel said...

very cool!

Simone said...

I will pick this up next week.
I have not done a SA Day for a while plus next is Heritage Day and my 9th Wedding Anniversary

Stacy said...

I just used this post for a discussion in my world Civilizations course about places and people.

Substitute lacrosse for rugby and insert some different food (dal, enchiladas, refritos, curry) and it felt like home to my students (Madiba also new to us). But then, that was the point of the lesson :).

Thanks for helping me to show them how the world is a smaller place than it used to be.

And glad that you liked the cookies!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...