Monday, October 13, 2008

Exam time!


Rox is writing her first UNISA exam this morning and my stomach is in a knot, I am running to the loo every 5 mins and if I was a nail-biter I would no doubt have chewed off all my nails by now. Why? Why is it that I am completely unable to disassociate myself from what goes on in my daughters' lives? For goodness' sake, she's a grown girl. If I'm like this now can you imagine the state I will be in when she has a baby oneday?
By the way, I have no internet access at home at the moment, for some inexplicable reason our ADSL line is non-functioning. So if I haven't been around your blog in the last couple of days that's the reason why! I am going to try to contact my service provider this afternoon and find out what's going on.

9 comments:

Simone said...

Oh I can identify with that - when my matrulants write I used to get quited worked up - which was funny because I didn't do so for myself.
I have had to learn to dissociate myself - it was worse when I had to be present during the Compu Type exam (in case of computer problems)

allie said...

I have a granddaughter who will be writing her matric shortly.

Her Mom(not Mel obviously!)is just like you - pretty much a basket case whenever her child writes any exam.

But now with its being the finals - omihat!
She says she is exhausted from all the coaching but could do flippin well if she wrote the exams herself!

Needless to say, granddaughter is completely unfazed - not a worry in the world.

allie said...

Oh - and heartfelt sympathies on yr ADSL lack.
Horrible!

Being Brazen said...

that is so sweet that you feel nervous and sick for them...I love that about mommies. I hope i am that kind of mother one day

The Jackson Files said...

Good Luck to Roxi. It must be exam time all round, the Jacarandas are flowering. I remember when I was studying there was this saying that if the Jacarandas are purple and you haven't started revising IT'S TOO LATE. Boy, I am so glad it's not me.

Sweets said...

good luck to her :)
so hard letting go isn't it?!

Tamara said...

ADSL issues suck. So do exams. Hope all cheers up soon ;-)

supermom said...

I'm pretty sure I'll be the same way....hope it went well!

Jeanne said...

Aaaarrgh, I remember my UNISA exams. The Masters programme always had their exams... in early January. You can imagine how well THAT went down with me!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...