Thursday, October 16, 2008

My hubby

So often this blog seems to focus on the girls and me, and poor old Grant gets sadly neglected. I saw this meme on Addie's blog and again on The Nocturnal Wench and knew I had to do it. So today, finally, Grant gets his day in the spotlight!


1. Who is your man? His name is Grant. To the girls he's Dad or "Annie" (don't ask!!) He's a really tough looking guy but, truth be told, he's a softie at heart (just don't tell his mountain-biking buddies, they'd never believe you ;-)





2. How long have you been together? Since 16 February 1985. 23 years


3. How long did you date before you got married? 4 years


4. How old is your man? 40 (I am 3 months older than my toy-boy)



5. Who eats more? Grant. Hey, he's a big man!




6. Who said “I love you” first? I really can’t remember (woops!)



7. Who is taller? He is, not difficult, I'm a short sh#t



8. Who sings better? He won’t admit it, but he really has a lovely voice (again, don't tell his MTB buddies, bad for the image you know!). I like to sing more, but he sings better.


9. Who is smarter? Academically, probably me, but in every other way Grant is.


10. Whose temper is worse? Mine, definitely!


11. Who does the laundry? It’s a joint effort, he puts it in the machine, I hang it out, we both iron


12. Who takes out the garbage? Usually Grant, but sometimes I do.



13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Depends which way you look at the bed doesn’t it? No matter where we go, Grant sleeps nearest the door, so that he can fight the boogeymen, I take my chances with the guys coming in the windows ;-)


14. Who pays the bills? Me. Grant is not good with finances!


15. Who is better with the computer? I’m better at some things, he’s better at others. If it's Excel, he's the go-to man.


16. Who mows the lawn? Simon



17. Who cooks dinner? We complement each other beautifully in the kitchen. We generally cook together, it’s a lot of fun.


18. Who drives when you are together? Always Grant. I feel nervous and intimidated when I drive him.



19. Who pays when you go out? Usually Grant



20. Who is the most stubborn? Grant without a doubt



21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Neither of us ;-)


22. Whose parents do you see most? We see mine almost daily, but it’s usually just in passing, we spend more concentrated time with his.



23. Who kissed who first? If I remember correctly, I kissed him. He was very backward in coming forward those days…..


24. Who asked who out? He asked me out, I can still remember it quite distinctly and I still get a funny feeling in my tummy when I think about it.


25. Who proposed? We came to a joint decision. There was no “getting down on bended knee” or anything like that. It was quite, quite unromantic!


26. Who is most sensitive? Definitely me.



27. Who has the most friends? Definitely Grant, I don't do the social thang.


28. Who has more siblings? Grant, he has a brother and a sister; since my brother died I don't have any siblings



29. Who wears the pants in the family? Grant hasn't figured this out yet, but I think it might just be me!



30. How did you meet? We were in the same class from the age of 11 and I thought he was quite the most revolting specimen of humanity! Until one night, at a Valentine’s party at a friend’s house, when we were 17. I had, had a couple of glasses of champagne (I know, under-age drinking….shocking!) and I don’t know whether that was why, but he suddenly looked quite…..delicious, and why on earth had I never noticed his cuuuuute butt before? Suddenly I was seeing him with completely different eyes, we’ve been together ever since..…

7 comments:

The Jackson Files said...

What a lovely meme. Gill, you sound like you have a wonderful family. Yay you!

Sweets said...

aaahhh kayoot man!!! he looks like a great guy :)

Wenchy said...

This warmed my heart! :)

Fifi said...

That was interesting!!! I like the bed answer..... hehehe ....... Yip in our country they could appear from anywhere!!!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

aww!! How sweet! Good to meet your man.

Ordinarylife said...

What a great idea.

I am going to do this today too.

Jeanne said...

LOL - brilliant answers! Nice to hear that other guys have also not yet figured out that they don't wear the pants (even though we let them think they do ;-))

Might steal this one in November.

The meme, I mean, not Grant!!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...