Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cremora Tart

A couple of weeks ago my friend Gerda and her husband came for dinner and Gerda brought this deeeeelicious tart for pud! When I say delicious, I mean delicious, this is SO my kind of dessert.... I begged the recipe off Gerda and made the tart for our office weekend away, where it went down extremely well (you know a recipe is good when everyone asks you for it!)

The tart is sweet, but with a slightly lemony flavour; reminiscent of cheesecake but with the most gorgeous silky texture. It is NOT diet food and if you are looking for a quick hit of cholestrol to the veins, then this is your "go to recipe" for sure ;-) but in my opinion, it is SO worth it!

CREMORA TART
Biscuit base: 100g melted butter, approximately 2/3 pkt Tennis biscuits. Crush the biscuits finely (pop them in the blender), add the melted butter and mix well. Press into a greased pie dish and refrigerate until required.

Filling:
1 cups of dry Cremora (coffee creamer)
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tin of condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice

Mix the Cremora and the boiling water in a small mixing bowl until no lumps are left. Refrigerate until cold. Beat condensed milk in a large mixing bowl with an electric beater. Add the cold Cremora mixture in a steady stream, beating continuously. Continue beating and add the lemon juice in a steady stream. The mixture will thicken. When it is well blended pour onto the biscuit base and smooth the top. At this point you can freeze the tart until needed. Defrost in the fridge overnight before serving. If you don’t need to freeze the tart – refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I think this is the first recipe I've seen with Cremora. Sounds very good!!!

Lucy said...

mmmmmmm!

Tamara said...

Yay - a new recipe to try! Yum, yum...

Simone said...

it tastes great - never tried to make it myself.

wonder........

Kitty Cat said...

Hmmm, looks easy enough to make, I think even a non-baker like myself could do it.

gel said...

I love cheesecake, so will have to try this yummy one. thx

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...