Monday, November 17, 2008

Frigging flying ants!

I have declared war on flying ants in a BIG way! For the last couple of nights we have had swarms of these flipping flying ants suddenly appearing. It always happens that we have left the sliding door open and these %*@# creatures (I am being remarkably restrained here, you don't want to hear me in real life, believe me!) are in the house swarming all over the place before we can get the doors shut.

They drive me insane! I become completely slightly deranged at that sight of them. So they're harmless.... I don't care, they drive me nuts. Everywhere I look there are these little brown beasts, flapping their wings, and then dropping them all over my floors and furniture and, just to push me completely over the edge, they then begin copulating all over the place. It's disgusting, it's annoying and I can't handle it!!

The cherry on top? Last night I stepped on a couple of them in flagrante delicto in my bare feet, while walking to the loo. War has been declared!

9 comments:

Kitty Cat said...

I declare war with you!

momcat said...

I once as a teen left my windows open and my light on. When I got back and opened my bedroom door, every inch of my room was just covered in them. I've never forgotten that horror! My cats and dogs however just love them...lots of yummy protein and plain good sport catching them.

Lucy said...

ewww oooh yahhhh shudder shudder!
(are u getting how I'm feeling?)
I would MOVE out, I so hate any bug!
I started getting Bees in my salon last week!! NOT too good for business!!

tikno said...

I hate any bug too. I also start the war here.

Regina said...

I feel for you! I too am a bug hater, so I also declare war!!

Ordinarylife said...

Ugh!!! And they have a tendancy to get caught in hair!

Tamara said...

My grandfather swore they tasted like peanut butter ;-)

I remember those things from Kzn. Doesn't seem to be so bad in the Cape and Jozi.

gel said...

Yuck, yuck, yuckarino! Our home backs to the woods (complete with snakes and other critters...), but it's the bugs that make their way inside that creep me out. We've had flying ants but not too many, but moreso, crickets invaded bigtime. Stepping on those, ooooh gross guts!

Hope you're able to eradicate these ants soon.

Jeanne said...

If it makes you feel any better, when we were in Chicago recently and went out to Galena (in the sticks of Illinois) for the weekend, there was a plague of... ladybugs!! There were great drifts of them up against the screen doors and quite a few inside. Now I normaly love ladybugs, but this was totally ridiculous! Eeeeew!

Dealing with grief

I just read this amazing blog post by a mom who recently lost her baby. She gives real, practical examples of what to do/say to someone wh...