Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's a Rox thing!


On Monday Rox wrote her last UNISA exam for the year, so she had the day off work. Her exam only began at 2pm, so we decided to play hookey in the morning. Our reasoning was that if she were to try to study at that late stage she would only be overcome with nerves, so the best thing for it would be some retail therapy! I took a days leave and Rox and I headed for the shops bright and early. We had such a lovely morning! We browsed the malls, bought Rox some shoes and a couple of tops, thought a bit about Christmas gifts and spent a loooong time over a couple of cappuccinos. Bliss! Wow, I'm a lucky mom to have a girl like this in my life.

Paula and I are very much alike, we are homebodies and left to our own devices will hole up at home with a pile of books and only emerge, like moles from our holes, when we absolutely have to stock up on basic necessities! The time I spend with Paula is restful, we understand each other and enjoy doing the same things (that would be reading!) side by side - no stress, no fuss. It's wonderful, but I think we both need a hefty dose of Grant and Rox in our lives to get us moving!

Rox continually challenges me, she forces me to get out there and do things! She is a bit of a bully actually, but in the nicest possible way. She's not afraid to say (with rolling eyes) "Come ON woman, get dressed and look snappy we are going out now! No arguments!"

With Rox around there is always action, never a dull moment. She is always on the go; baking, shopping, swimming, gyming, cooking, talking.... She loves chatting over coffee and we can talk endlessly about nothing in particular. She's bubbly and she is hysterically funny in her very unique way! Rox is the fizz in my life, without her life would be very, very flat indeed!

6 comments:

The Jackson Files said...

Wow Gill, what a lovely post. Sounda like an awesome way to spend time before your exams.

Btw, I am getting round to your meme. Thanks for tagging me, I love memes.

Tamara said...

Sounds like a great day. Hope her exam went well!

Rox said...

Very good way to prepare for exams - Gill, you're a very cool mom. :-)

Hope she was nice and relaxed before the exam and that she aced it!

Rox said...

Hahaha thanx mom!! Was such a great morning!! Love you lots xoxoxox

angel said...

thats so cool!!

Jeanne said...

What a lovely post - you are both so lucky to have each other!

Milk Kefir

Lately I've been been absent from my blog - but I've been having a lot of fun doing different things, things like making milk kefir!...