Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks

Thank you all so much for the lovely messages you left on my last post. I really, really appreciate your kindness. We are doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. I am busy writing a bit of a eulogy which Grant is going to read at the service on Thursday - that's been quite a challenge for me.

We've been spending a lot of time with my dad and just generally supporting each other through all of this. We've (well actually they've) cried a bit - I am still alarmingly tear-free - and believe it or not, we've also laughed a bit at crazy memories of my mom who was a real character.

I am a little bit worried about Rox. At first she let it all out, cried a lot and I thought she was fine, but then she went all quiet - very unlike Rox, maybe it is just her way of dealing with it. Had I not read her blog, I wouldn't have realised quite what a struggle she was finding all of this. So I will be keeping an eye on her in the next couple of days.

8 comments:

Simone said...

We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers

Kitty Cat said...

Thinking of you. And Rox.

Lucy said...

Sometimes young people have no frame of reference to pull from. If this is the first close loss for Rox, it makes so much sense that she is having a difficult time dealing. She is lucky to have you gill, looking out for her. sending loving thoughts and hugs. xox

Terri said...

Gill, the tears will come, probably after you've dealt with all the details. Right now it sounds like you need to focus on other people's emotions. Let yours come when you're ready.
Thinking of you.

Tamara said...

Gill, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Sending up prayers for you and the whole family.

Caz said...

Gill, I'm probably a couple of years older than Rox. I lost my gran in august and I think that how she is reacting is normal. i'm not huge on showing my emotions. when my gran died all i wanted to do was blog about it (and in fact my eulogy was first a blog post) because it is so much easier for me to share with "strangers". I am still dealing with her death and I get very quiet i guess. And I cry randomly. And the poor husband thinks he's in trouble, but actually the passing of a gran who you're close to can rip out your heart. It did for me. thinking of your family!

Addie said...

Gill, I am really sorry to hear about your loss ... been a while since I've been around.

All the best for what lies ahead. My God grant you the courage and strenght you and your family need at this time!!!

Ness said...

Egads! I'm only just catching up with my rss reader (only 139 to go) SO sorry to hear about your mom. I'm going through hell at the moment with my dad...he's near the end too, and I'm also kind of numb, I'm like 5% panic (what will I feel when he actually goes) and 95% 'no idea what to feel'. I think I can sense where you're at right now. Shocked I guess.

Thinking of you!

Will be back in touch when my FREAKIN ISP sorts itself out.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...