Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Being a woman...it ain't easy!

It dawned on me this morning that I spend an awful lot of time faffing about my appearance, just so that I look..........normal! What's that all about??

Grant shaves, gets in the shower - lathers up, rinses, gets out and dries himself, brushes his teeth, rolls on some deo, dresses and he's good to go. The man doesn't even have hair to brush!

I on the other hand, brush teeth, get in the shower, shampoo my hair, rinse it, condition it, apply face wash, wash myself, shave arm pits, shave legs, exfoliate, rinse out conditioner, turn off the hot tap and rinse off with ice cold water. Then the fun really starts! Apply toner, apply moisturiser, apply eye cream, apply roll-on, apply body lotion, apply hand cream, brush hair, apply hair product, dress, apply foundation cream, apply make-up, put on jewellery, wash glasses, take vitamins...... you get the picture! And this just so that I don't look completely frightening!!!

Being a woman..... it's not easy!

7 comments:

Tamara said...

And then once you've completed the whole damn routine, the man will say something like, "Are you wearing those shoes?"

And you'll say, "Yes. Why?"

And he'll say, "No reason."

And you'll sigh and take off the shoes that he obviously doesn't like. And you'll realise that they were the only ones that matched your outfit, so now you have to change your pants... and the whole thing starts again ;-)

Kitty Cat said...

I hear you!!!!

Simply-Mel said...

LOL at Tamara!

Tough being chick, but at least you get to enjoy life with shoes and bags - something A MAN will never understand!!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Oh dear I envy you , I do nothing ... not that I am given the chance LOL.
I would love to pamper myslef but for now my wrinkles smile at me from the mirror ...I don't frighten the small boys yet ! except when I holler

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I am so glad all is okay with Paula

Jeanne said...

LOL - that's exactly what happens in our house!! And after all these years, hubby still does not understand why I need an eye cream, a day cream, a night cream, a hand cream, a foot cream and a body lotion. I mean, duh!!! Isn't it obvious?!

angel said...

and even after that we're still mostly unappreciated!

I am busy ruminating on an updated bucket list - it's a lot more difficult than one would think!  The last time I created a bucket...