Sunday, June 21, 2009

Horrible realisation

This weekend I discovered that I am more like a man than I thought..... and no, I have not discovered any extra body parts.....

I have a head cold, a nasty head cold. You know how you get the "ugly cry" well I get the "ugly cold" equivalent of that. All snotty, red nose, watering red eyes, cracked lips..... you get the picture. It's not pretty. And the worst of it is I am behaving just like a man!

Yesterday I took to my bed and I was pathetic in the extreme. I found myself doing that whimpery, whiny, sick-man kind of thing. You know, the croaky "Please bring me some ginger tea, I feel too sick to get off the bed, sniff, sniff" thing. Stagger to the toilet, clutching my brow.... all that kind of stuff. Too embarrassing for words....

6 comments:

allie said...

Gill, I seriously doubt its the man-thing: my guess is that you are just that sick.

Troetel yourself.
Take to your bed and let your family spoil you for a change. . .

Simply-Mel said...

I'm with Allie. Clearly you are really ill. Men die from this bug you are dealing with. Take it easy and lay low.

xx

Joanne said...

It certainly sounds like the man-flu, you poor thing, but on the bright side you will be up by the time you need to be for your holiday, consider yourself tucked in x

Andrea said...

stay warm and drink LOTS of fluids and if you have to do the man thing to get your family to bring them to you then so be it....we all need to be fussed sometimes :-)
xxx
A

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hope you get better soon & let the family give you a bit of TLC.....even Moms get sick !!! You need all you energy for your trip. Lots of vitamin c & enchinoforce.

Helga Hansen said...

Nothing wrong with getting a little man flu - you are a (wo)man after all! :D

Found you courtesy of Joanne - hope you enjoy your visit to the UK - make sure you get better soon!

Milk Kefir

Lately I've been been absent from my blog - but I've been having a lot of fun doing different things, things like making milk kefir!...