Monday, August 24, 2009

Finally seeing the light?

I am an Anglican. And today I can say that with some pride. Something in the newspaper caught my eye this morning and I'm going to quote it for you:

The Anglican Church has taken a step towards accepting gay people in "faithful, committed relationships". The Anglican Diocese of Cape Town has passed a resolution asking church bishops to provide pastoral guidelines for gay parishioners living in "covenanted partnerships".

Some of the people I admire most happen to be gay and it really bugs me that those of them who are believers are ostracised by the church. In my heart of hearts I believe that Jesus would not have pushed these people away. I am very glad that the church I belong to is at least taking a tentative step in the right direction.

2 comments:

Rambler said...

:)

Jeanne said...

Go the Anglicans!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...