Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I'm ugly...

When I stress it eventually shows. I am a great one for bottling up my stress (well until I get to the gynaecologist, who could ever forget that particular episode?) But generally I look as if I'm coping fine, when on the inside I'm in a state of complete turmoil... Until a few days later and then it shows. It's there for the whole world to see.

When Rox gets stressed she gets laryngitis, when Paula stresses her back goes into spasm and she gets asthma, Grant gets migraines and tummy troubles. And me?

I get ENORMOUS great cold sores. Hideous! I have tried all kinds of potions and lotions, I take loads of Vitamin B and it all works to some extent, but if I don't catch the thing as it is developing (and how can you when it happens in the middle of the night?) there it sits - on my lip. Uuuugly!

7 comments:

thejacksonfiles said...

awwww....shame poor you. apparently the zovirax TABLETS (not cream) are kick-ass when it comes to getting rid of cold sores.

Tamara said...

Shame, man. That sucks.

Hope it goes away soon.

I show my stress in my body too. I get a sore lower back.

Lucy said...

never ugly! just temporarily blemished!
xoxo

when i get stressed I seem to take a little bit of all your families tendencies!! I ALWAYS get a sore throat/asthma/ibs!!
never cold sores.... yet!

allie said...

Oh flip girl!
You sure are due for some good times!

Kirsty said...

1000mg of Vit c daily. I swear by it. I have been cold sore free for 6 years... and I had 3 babies in 4 years! That = huge stress!!! No cold sores though x

angel said...

My stress all manifests in marathon eating... anything and everything... and my back gets sore.

Jeanne said...

Nick gets cold sores and if you can catch them at the tingly invisible stage and take L-Lysine (an amino acid in table tform) it really helps...

I am busy ruminating on an updated bucket list - it's a lot more difficult than one would think!  The last time I created a bucket...