Monday, August 03, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Feeling down. It's been a tough few days.

On Thursday Eunicie was trying to pick a papaya and (I don't know what she was thinking!) she got a ladder and leant it against the tree and climbed up it... and she fell, but she didn't just fall onto the ground, she fell right down into the adjacent car-port. I reckon she fell close on 3 metres! I got a phone call from my Dad to come quickly as she had hurt her arm, badly. (My Dad is no good in these situations.) Rox and I gathered her up and took her to our local hospital. She had x-rays and it was established that she had broken the radial head in her elbow. It's a looong story, involving more visits to ghastly hospitals than I would have wished, and I won't bore you with the gory details but the end result is that she is having surgery on Thursday.

I have just had enough of hospitals and trauma. I spent SO much time in and out of hospital with my mom in the last few months of her life, last year . And then there was Paula and her surgery in January. I'm over hospitals now! Enough already!

6 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hope its a good result & Eunice is fine. Know what you mean about hospitals my very dear friend has cancer & hospitals are the pits.

angel said...

Oh Gill... you really have had a kak time.
I hope it eases up soon.

allie said...

Actually its been longer than a few days that things have been tough for you, Gill
Not surprised you're battling.
I agree with you - enough already!

thejacksonfiles said...

urgh. how awful. hope the surgery goes well and the hospital stay is not too traumatic.

Kirsty said...

not fun times! Hope it gets better soon! I broke my radial head too - and had surgery to pin it back. I had a good surgeon and have full range of movement in my arm. Hope eunice gets a good surgeon too! AND - I hope the papaya was worth it!!!x

Jeanne said...

Oh dear - poor Eunice! Hope she is on the mend...

Dealing with grief

I just read this amazing blog post by a mom who recently lost her baby. She gives real, practical examples of what to do/say to someone wh...