Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random thoughts....

* It's SO cold. I need comfort food.... beef stew and dumplings sounds good.

*Paula claims she has always disliked mushrooms! Please tell me I have not lived with my daughter for 14 years, eaten at the same dinner table with her every night and not noticed that? Surely not!

*Paula is going to have to pick the mushrooms out of her stew tonight

*There are 2 confirmed cases of swine flu at Paula's school

*There are 2 confirmed cases of swine flu at the school at which Rox works.

*Paula got sent home from school today, sick, but I don't think it's swine flu

*I am terrified that if Paula gets swine flu we are going to be in serious trouble with her asthma and all....

*Moving on......

*I'm really loving my Andrea Bocelli CD

*I have got a very silly crush on Adam Lambert.

*Paula dissed me on facebook about my crush on Adam Lambert - she said something about him being 20 years younger than me

*I may be old and decrepit, but me and my sole surviving ovary know hot when we see it and Adam Lambert is verrry, verrry hot.

*I'm not sure I like my daughter having access to my intimate thoughts on facebook

*I probably shouldn't post my intimate thoughts on facebook.

*I spend too much time on facebook

*Paula has decided she wants to study to be a paediatrician when she finishes school

*I'm not sure how I feel about Paula wanting to study medicine

*I have no doubt that she has the smarts and the determination to study medicine

*I always thought that Paula would become a writer one day, she is truly gifted at writing

*I just finished reading the latest Katie Fforde. Nice.

*I am about to start the latest Maeve Binchy

*I am heading off now, to do just that.....

13 comments:

angel said...

I've never read Katie Fforde...

allie said...

Having ANOTHER try at leaving a comment (see my post today. Grrr)

Gee but you are good at bullets!

I so get your concern for your daughter.
Its hard being a mom at times.

Re posting stuff on FB or Blogs, I know what you mean: I too have kids who read them

Tamara said...

Who on earth is Adam Lambert?

What's the latest Maeve Binchy called? I like her good old Oirish yarns.

Simply-Mel said...

Ack! I hear you around the swine flu thing...with the asthma complication but our kids are in God's hands and its the only way I stay sane is remembering I am *not* in control.

Feel free to defriend your daughter - she will understand!I think us moms should be able to perve like our daughters without being reminded of our farking age at every opportunity!

(note to Allie: Ma! feel free to de-friend me too...I understand!)

Addie said...

Its been a while so I have a lot of cathing up to do!!

I am so glad my kids are still to small to do FB and read blogs!!!

Yes, I too want to know who/what is Adam Lambert and Maeve Binchy

geoff said...

RIP Nala...your serial killer... is so so funny....hello from Delhi

Kirsty` said...

It's 30 degrees here today!!! Still chilly where you are?
Medicine is a GREAT thing to study! Tell your daughter to jump right in!! If she wants fewer hours, less stress and more fun whilst studying and working.... I reccomend she studies Physiotherapy!

Kirsty said...

It's 30 degrees here today!!! Still chilly where you are?
Medicine is a GREAT thing to study! Tell your daughter to jump right in!! If she wants fewer hours, less stress and more fun whilst studying and working.... I reccomend she studies Physiotherapy!

natalian said...

A new Katie Fforde? Yey!!!

allie said...

I reread this today -

You are missed, by the way.
When are you going to come back and play with us like you used to?

I don't know how I missed it last time I read this but you are flippin funny even when you are depressed, worried, etc.
Its a LOL post.

How do you DO that??

Andrea said...

I really LOVE your posts and the way I can literally feel your thoughts rambling....and I am soooo glad you choose to share them.

So with you on the Katie Fford and Maeve Binchy....not sure about Adam Lambert though, fraid not entirely sure who he is (blush) maybe I am just tooooo old lol.

xxx
A

Simply-Mel said...

Hey!? You okay? We missing you....

Jeanne said...

Too much time on FB - you and me both, honey!! I was chatting on FB to a friend of mine and I said he needed to get help for his addiction. He claims he can stop anytime he wants...! ROTFL!!

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...