Thursday, August 06, 2009

Request

I'd like to ask those of you who are that way inclined to please pray for little J today. Eight year old J lost his parents and his older brother in a fire in their home, on the West Rand, last week. Today he will be attending their funeral. He has been taken in by his aunt and uncle whom he loves very much and will be raised by them. J's uncle is a member of our extended family and we have known him since he was a young boy, I know he will be a fantastic father to J.

I'd really appreciate it if you would keep this family in your prayers at this difficult time.

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Heavenly Father,

Be with dear J as he adapts to his new family and mourns his parents and brother. Thank You that You are His Dad and You'll never leave. You can heal his heart and I pray that You keep him in the palm of Your hand through this rough time. Bless his new family with compassion and understanding and smooth the way forward for them all.

Thank you that we can trust in You for these things.

Amen.

allie said...

What a horrble thing for such a young child to have to experience.
I am glad he is part of your extended family though, and that he has people whom he knows and loves to go to.
May I say an AMEN to Tamara's lovely prayer

Joanne said...

Amen

Kirsty said...

Gill - I heard this story on the radio news the day it happened! I remember thinking at the time how terrible it was, and have thought about him ever since. You have no idea how it comforts me to hear that he has a loving home to look after him!
I wish him well as he walks his path of grief, and may the Lord keep him close.
May he know that his Mom, Dad and brother look down from heaven above, and with each ray of sunshine, may he feel all their love
x-x-x

Rambler said...

Man, that's sad...

Will be praying.

angel said...

Wow...
Lord, I pray that you'll hold J and his new family in your hands in the years to come.
Amen.

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...