Sunday, August 23, 2009

R.I.P Nala

We had to say good-bye to our Nalie dog today. We found her this morning with a hugely distended tummy, a very uncomfortable old girl, clearly distressed. I immediately phoned our vet and he said we should bring her straight in. It appears that she had a twisted intestine. Unfortunately we had to put her to sleep.


Nala has been a part of our family for more than 10 years. She was such a lovely dog. So gentle and sweet. We're going to miss her.





Good-bye my Nals. I hope that where you are there are lots and lots of bunnies, for you to chase to your heart's content.... Love you my old lady xx

11 comments:

allie said...

So heartbreaking for the family when that day comes.
My sympathies and hugs

Fifi said...

Aww man that's terribly sad for you guys! So sorry.

Evelyn said...

oh shame. So sorry about your loss.

Kirsty said...

Oh Gill - I am so sorry! It's so heart breaking when you have to say goodbye to mans loyal, best friend! Thinking of you x-x-x

Simply-Mel said...

What a beautiful dog - hugs to you. (())

Tamara said...

Aw, Gill. I am so sorry. She had a good life with your family. Biggest hugs, my friend.

Joanne said...

Hugs I know that this is a tough time for you!

Marsha said...

I had to put our cat to sleep a couple of weeks ago. Woody was only three but he had cancer and it was so bad by the time they found it that it wasn't really treatable. He had been losing weight, but because he seemed otherwise healthy and active and was still fairly young, they just didn't look for anything that serious until it was too late. He was a sweetie and we miss him everyday!

It's hard to lose pets!

angel said...

That is very sad.
[[[hugs]]]

Addie said...

Reading this post brought tears to my eyes. A few months ago, we lost our first dog ... Trieksie ... she was older then Caleb (my eldest). We got her soon after we got married. She was very special to us.

Hugs to you and your family.

Jeanne said...

Oh Gill, I'm so sorry! But the vet is probably right - when they are old and in pain it's much kinder to put them to sleep. I'm sure she's chasing bunnies up in the big garden in the sky as we speak, with no nasty neighbour to complain.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...