Sunday, September 27, 2009

Alone

I have spent most of this weekend alone, and it has been utterly blissful. It's taken me a while, but I've come to realise that in order to remain a relatively nice, sane person I need lots and lots of me-time and this weekend I've had it in buckets and I'm feeling gooooood.

Last weekend was the annual "Staff Weekend Away". This year we went up to Cayley Lodge in the 'Berg. The 'Berg was at its beautiful best,
the company was fun,

the accomodation was lovely,

so it was all good - except for the bit on Saturday where I had the first hangover I have had in a very long time.... I didn't enjoy that experience one little bit!

That's what you get for discovering that the wine tastes uncommonly good up in the 'Berg and partying until 2:30am.... There will not be a repeat performance in the forseeable future, trust me!

So this weekend all alone in the quiet, quiet house has been like a tonic for my soul. The family have hung out at Lake Eland all weekend, there's a mountain biking thing going on there. I'm really happy for them, but I could not think of anything I'd like less - don't get me wrong I LOVE Lake Eland, but the whole mountain biking thang....not so much! (although I have to admit that some of those men in tights look mighty fine) The girls left on Friday afternoon and have camped there all weekend, my idea of hell! Grant has come home to sleep, but other than that it's just been me, me, me and the pets all weekend. Lovely.

So what have I done with all this alone time: Yesterday I got the Tidy-up Bug and whipped through the house, tossing out junk, re-organising shelves, potting plants, washing up a storm - very productive. Although I didn't manage to find my yoga DVD - how on earth can a DVD just disappear???

Today has been much more peaceful. Don't laugh, but I spent a lovely half hour on You-tube with Adam Lambert - I know, I know, it's very disturbing, but I love him to bits (Paula if you're reading this don't you dare go eeeeeuw! Even Mom's are allowed to like hottie celeb boys) Just listen to this and tell me he is not lovely! And before you think I have spent the whole day perving over young boys..... I have also done lots of other boring odds and ends around the house, not as fun as listening to Adam, but necessary and so much easier to do without family around.

So that's my weekend, hope yours was good too!

8 comments:

Gillian said...

I also love Adam Lambert.

Simone said...

That is great

Redness said...

WOW that looks and sounds like it was great ;)
I must download photo's from my recent weekend away surprise ;)
Well done ;)

Wenchy said...

I must be the only person who knows nothing about Adam Lambert.

Fifi said...

Oh my .... YES !!!! I love being alone ..... now and again! So glad you caught up on "me time".

Heck .... that headache after a party can be nasty!!!

Andrea said...

I agree Adam Lambert is a little gem....me time, sigh, such a gift...I am off to London for a girly "me" time weekend in a couple of weeks and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Glad you had a good one
xxx
A

Kitty Cat said...

I'm just replying to your comment on my blog - yes, I am with Dr Glass (who isn't, it seems?) and I'm thrilled to hear that he does "neat" cuts. He told me that he doesn't cut through the muscle and that I shouldn't have a "pouch" - but I guess if I have a child after all this I really won't care.
Yes, I remember reading your birth story! I must go read it again!

angel said...

Wow... I haven't had a weekend to myself in a loooong time!

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...