Thursday, October 15, 2009

About that deleted post....

So some of you will have noticed that I deleted my previous post? Just wanted to let you know that I haven't gone out and committed a murder ;-)

I ummmed and ahhhed about deleting the post. I thought Rox might have wanted me to delete it when she read it, but funnily enough she didn't, in fact she said something along the lines of "You go mom!", Paula rapped me over the knuckles about my bad language (blush, blush), but also felt it was a valid post. But eventually I decided it would be better to pull it. So I did.

This is exactly the reason why I sometimes have my doubts about keeping my blog going. I want my blog to be real, to be true to what's going on in my life. I don't want it to be some fake, prettied- up version of my life, I want it to be about the real me, warts and all, the moody, stubborn, sometimes bitter and twisted, often bitchy, but usually nice me - because, truth be told, that's who I am....but the frustrating thing is it can't be. What's going on in my life is generally related to one or other family-member and I don't think it's really fair to spread their lives all over the internet, tempting but not fair. The bits of their lives that I feel completely comfortable about sharing are so boring; it's the juicy stuff I want to share and that's the stuff I have to be protective of.

So for now, you're going to continue to get the candy-floss version of my life I'm afraid. Don't know how much longer I'm going to be comfortable with that, but we'll see.

12 comments:

momcat said...

Well I'm glad I read it before you deleted it. The 'bad' language made me sit up straighter because its a side of you we haven't seen before but we are all human and sometimes being able to be seen as a human and also seeing that others are also going through difficult stuff helps others to get through the bad stuff they go through and not feel so alone. Dont be afraid to be seen as real!

Gillian said...

Who are you candy coating it for?

angel said...

Like you, I have a lot I wish I could say but can't because of who reads me.

allie said...

I SO get it, Gill

Joanne said...

Glad I read it before it was pulled. Only yesterday one of the girls i work with said all sorts of positive stuff about me you know the youre so this and so that etc. and I just squirmed. I feel like i am living the candy floss life on my blog and at work.

Keep it real if you can we love it or maybe consider going private but PLEASE invite me.

Tamara said...

I'm glad I read it too.

If you ever decide to stop this blog (please don't!), perhaps a more anonymous blog would be an option? But like Joanne said, please invite us if you go that route ;-)

Simply-Mel said...

We all have this dichotemy but some things are better left unblogged. Period.

You can keep it real - you do. I dont see your blog as candy floss at all.

Kirsty said...

damm - I missed it! But I soooooo get what you're saying! My blog has been a bit like disney-land on acid of late! (Completely over -sweet!) And whilst my life is mostly peachy, there is one HUGE issue bugging me A LOT at the moment! But I can't blog about it. And that sux! 'cos I really need to get off my chest!

Meriel said...

i read it too and admired you for being so honest. i often edit and reedit cos out of self consciousness.

i'm half anonymous which means i hide from my real world people with the things i say. its very refreshing to be able to get stuff off our chests.

Andrea said...

I love your blog and the fact that you are honest - even if you end up deleting it later ;0)

Really hope you decide to keep going, would miss you if you stopped.

xxx
A

Anonymous said...

i found no offense and can relate , people like to meddle etc etc , its the human part of us!!! but understand what you saying for your girls sake!!! anyway Ive just started a blog so sure will run into curve balls too, but keep blogging as really enjoy your daily raggings!!! good or bad!

Redness said...

Darling you're not alone. I loathe that I have to censor what I post too ... but those I love are too important to not take their 'delicate' feelings into account.
Our differences makes us so special, our honesty comes with maturity ... they'll soon learn we mean no harm but till they 'get it' ... we just have keep blogging, "stuff" ;)
Huge Hugs. xo

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...