Thursday, October 08, 2009

Random Dozen

Trust me, I will get back to posting some sensible blog posts soon, truly I will. Right now I just have so much going on (don't worry, it's all good) that blogging is waaaay down my list of priorities.

Although I am late again (the questions go up every Tuesday and are meant to be posted on a Wednesday), I kinda like the questions on this weeks Random Dozen, so I am doing it anyway.


1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
I used to be terrible about spending money on myself - I'd buy for the kids, the pets, even Grant and never for me, but as I am getting older I am getting better at spending money on me.

2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it. Sore point, I have a cross-stitch project I have been working on for something like 5 years....

3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
I love my house, it's nothing fancy but it has loads of cupboard space (a biggie for me) and it has a very user-friendly kitchen BUT I desperately need a spare room and an office, especially the office.

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
slightly hysterical laughter....... let's just say I'm not an outside chore kinda girl. Does walking the dog count? I love walking the dog!

5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
In my mis-spent youth I smoked - only about 3 a day, but I LOVED smoking. I gave up a few months before I fell pregnant with Paula and haven't had one since. I could start smoking again tomorrow though, I really could....but I won't because (a) I have the most rotten sinuses in the world and (b) I don't like the way I smell when I smoke.

6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Oh gawd, I hate driving and will get out of it at the first opportunity.

7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
Dare I say "Blogging" LOL

8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
I hate giving up on a book and will soldier manfully on for at least a few chapters before admitting defeat. Movies I will happily walk away from in about 30 seconds.

9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
"I touch myself" by The Divinyls. I have no idea why I like it, but I really do.

10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
It depends what we're talking about here. Buying books or magazines of a bottle of wine - I will do it very spontaneously. Planning a holiday, or a new home, or car, or something like that, I will plan, plot and ponder for weeks.

11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
Hmmmm...... in some ways. I'm not big on overly fancy cuisine, but I like to buy good quality ingredients (I like to get my fruit and veg from Woolies)

12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.)
Everything and everyone! Truly. I am a control freak of note. The only thing I am really struggling to control is myself, evidenced by the uncontrollable spread of my buttocks!!!! How's that for honest?

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Thanx for sharing. Kewl answers

Tamara said...

I also hate givign up on a book. I have read many, many books that I wish I hadn't wasted time on, but I always think "It might get better in a few pages." And sometimes it does.

angel said...

Now this is some awesome blog fodder!

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...