Monday, January 02, 2012

My word for 2012: Grow

In the past couple of years I've seen a lot of bloggers who have "Words" that they use as a theme for the year, or perhaps as a direction in which they hope to move in that year.  Although I have always thought that is seemed a good idea, I have resisted the temptation to choose a word up to now as I know what I'm like..... give me a challenge of any sort and I will find a way to avoid it, to sabotage it and to eventually use it as a weapon to attack my dodgy-at-best self-esteem.

But for some reason, this year I have decided I want a Word for the Year, something to gently focus on over the course of the year; and the word I have chosen is GROW.



This year I plan to grow, to stretch myself.  I am hoping to grow in maturity.  I'd like to grow on a spiritual level.  And I even plan to grow literally, as in grow plants.  (and please, I am not referring to my waist-line or my butt.... those I am hoping to shrink!)

3 comments:

Melany said...

Happy new year!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Woo hoo what a great way to start the New Year with such lovely thoughts - hope you bloom in everyway in 2012.

Kirsty said...

Happy New Year Gill and family! Grow is a great word... i am choosing embrace! 2012 is the year that I turn the big 40, and I am ready to face my next decade. bring it :0

I am busy ruminating on an updated bucket list - it's a lot more difficult than one would think!  The last time I created a bucket...